• Apple Adds New 'Top Chart' Section in tvOS App Store On Fourth Generation Apple TV

Just days after Apple’s fourth generation Apple TV launched along with the new tvOS App, the Cupertino-based company decided to add a Top Chart section. This is the first time an App Store was incorporated into the set-top-box and the new section is to showcase what the highest and most popular titles are. When going into the section, it was revealed that games are high on the downloads list.

There are top free apps, top paid apps, and top grossing apps in the new Top Charts category. The feature is basically equivalent to the iOS and Mac App Store rankings and results shown are since Friday. Other categories in the App Store include Featured, Purchased, and Search. Games are currently number 1 in both Top Grossing Apps and Top Paid Apps.

As for free apps, Crossy Road and Rayman Adventures are at the top of the charts for games and broadcasters CBS, Fox, Showtime, and HBO are at the top as well for streaming content service apps. Be aware however, that even though the streaming apps for broadcasters are free, users will need to activate paid accounts once the trial version is over.

If you ordered the newest Apple TV, what do you think of it so far and what kinds of apps have you downloaded? Share with us in the section below.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Adds New 'Top Chart' Section in tvOS App Store On Fourth Generation Apple TV started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      fleurya -
      They REALLY need to come up with caegories and integrat Siri search into the app store. Categories is an easy start: video content, games, other. Done. But what would be really nice to to just say what you're looking for in apps like you can with content.
      kickerman65 -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      They REALLY need to come up with caegories and integrat Siri search into the app store. Categories is an easy start: video content, games, other. Done. But what would be really nice to to just say what you're looking for in apps like you can with content.
      I agree. Definitely need integrated Siri search in the app store. I don't understand why this isn't already a feature. Typing with the apple remote is a bit tedious.

But all that aside, I only just received my Apple TV yesterday, and so far i love it. One of the coolest (and not mentioned) features is that it uses HDMI-CEC to fully integrate with newer TV's. So the Apple TV remote has the ability to power the TV on and off and control volume with zero configuration. And better yet, my stock Samsung remote also controls the Apple TV. Again, with zero configuration. It just works. This might be pretty handy if you ever lose your remote, or need to charge it.
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      I agree. Definitely need integrated Siri search in the app store. I don't understand why this isn't already a feature. Typing with the apple remote is a bit tedious.

But all that aside, I only just received my Apple TV yesterday, and so far i love it. One of the coolest (and not mentioned) features is that it uses HDMI-CEC to fully integrate with newer TV's. So the Apple TV remote has the ability to power the TV on and off and control volume with zero configuration. And better yet, my stock Samsung remote also controls the Apple TV. Again, with zero configuration. It just works. This might be pretty handy if you ever lose your remote, or need to charge it.
      Agreed, overall I am very happy, and know it will jsut get better.

I was happy to find that my Harmony remote programmed for my old ATV started working automatically with the new one, but I'd rather reach for the ATV remote. Only problem is that the ATV remote has automatically started controlling the volume on my TV rather than my A/V receiver. Need to find out if there's a way to change that.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook