• The 'Steve Jobs' Movie is Getting Pulled From Thousands of U.S. Theaters

The new 'Steve Jobs' movie is disappearing from over 2,000 theaters in the United States this week after the movie has continually disappointed gross revenue expectations.

MacRumors reports that the movie only brought in $7.3 million the day it launched in movie theaters across the United States on October 23rd. It's worth noting, however, that the movie soft-launched in only a select few theaters in the United States on October 8th.

As it turns out, expectations were a little too high for the movie; it was hoped that in the opening weekend alone, the movie would earn at least $15-19 million, but the movie is only just now at the $16 million mark.

Nonetheless, online ratings of the movie, like those on Rotten Tomatoes, are generally positive.

Source: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The 'Steve Jobs' Movie is Getting Pulled From Thousands of U.S. Theaters started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      peacedog -
      Probably should have been a direct to DVD/Netflix. I have no intentions of paying to watch at theaters, but would consider watching at home.
      Carvensno -
      I think it would help if the actors look somewhat like the real person being portrayed. This guy look nothing like Steve Jobs. At least Noah Wyle and Ashton looked/resembled Steve Jobs.
      unison999 -
      I really do not see why people would want to watch a movie about a very successful salesman...
      peacedog -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      I really do not see why people would want to watch a movie about a very successful salesman...
      Right after his death, there was a lot of interest in his life. I read the book that came out shortly after his death. But 4 years later, people don't really care. If I didn't read that Walter Isaacson book upon his death and waited until now, I can tell you I'd have no interest in reading the book.
      <Ian Nicoll/> -
      Steve Jobs, we all know the story already, & now a movie about it... yawn... not for me.
      repoman16 -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post

Wolf of Wall Street was pretty entertaining
      NewD -
      I think the killer for it was, isn't this the THIRD one since his death? Ashton was #2.. Who played him in the first one after his death? I know there was one earlier than Ashton too.. Enough already..

But to the person who said "movie about a salesman"... That's a little too harsh.. No? Don't you consider Jobs an innovator? He changed the way the entire world communicates.

Jobs is to communication what the Wright Brothers were to travel.
      szr -
      @NewD There was also Pirates of Silicon Valley, though that came out in 1999.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
      @NewD There was also Pirates of Silicon Valley, though that came out in 1999.
      Yes! That was it! Thx!
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Yes! That was it! Thx!
      So that'd be before his death. I don't recall one before the Ashton one after his death.

Edit: seems there was a parody one: iSteve (2013) - IMDb

Doubt you were thinking of that one though. Hadn't even heard of that one.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook