• This Guy Made Headlines Because of His Insanely-Long iPhone Passcode

We understand that security is important to iPhone users, and Apple understands that too. That's why with the release of iOS 9, users get new passcode options, such as the ability to create a 6-digit or longer passcode via the passcode settings in iOS. By default, when setting up the iPhone, iOS will try and push you in the direction of a six-digit passcode, but you can still opt for the classic four-digit passcode, or you can create your own "custom" numeric passcode. Of course, the alpha-numeric option is still there.

One man, spotted in a subway by Twitter user @yossy1999116, has probably one of the longest iPhone passcodes in the world. In fact, it's almost a miracle that he can remember it each and every time he wants to get into his iPhone. It's worth noting that he's not using an alpha-numeric passcode, because if he was, you'd see a keyboard. Instead, what you see is the typical numeric-only passcode screen, in which the user enters an incredibly long string of numbers.

The Tweet, which includes a video, can be seen below:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="ja" dir="ltr">地下鉄にすげー奴がおるんやけど <a href="https://t.co/xw55SutbA8">pic.twitter.com/xw55SutbA8</a></p>&mdash; 寺下義人 (@yossy1999116) <a href="https://twitter.com/yossy1999116/status/662880539880194048">November 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now... who else wants to make their iPhones this secure?

Source: Twitter via Kotaku via iClarified
    This article was originally published in forum thread: This Guy Made Headlines Because of His Insanely-Long iPhone Passcode started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      magusxxx -
      It would be hilarious if it was some configuration of the konami code.
      Selfmadexpert -
      That's ridiculous!
      Raptor2213 -
      Well, one of my passwords is 100 characters. Upper and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers. There's no way I'd use that on my phone lock screen though...
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      I would have that to unlock my phone too. I barely ever use the passcode lock to unlock it. Finger print reader is so much faster
      hogcia -
      4 digit code is good enough for me [emoji1][emoji1]
      Sage I -
      4 numbers and a thumb print works just fine by me...
      DosyBoy -
      When your sidechick around...
      rolandgabor -
      1, he's a moron what does he keep on the phone? Government secrets?
      2, if it's a real video it looks like he is repeating the same sequence
      Otherwise I call BS on this useless nonsense.
      10000 possible combinations with 4 digits. The phone will eventually lock you out after so many wrong try.
      iFanaddic -
      Looks like he's gonna have to remember another one now that his password is on the internet! The guy needs to get touch ID
      WHUDS -
      I dont have a password If you have my Iphone I must be dead
      fleurya -
      This video proves that longer pass odes are useless and why TouchID is superior.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      This video proves that longer pass odes are useless and why TouchID is superior.
      I don't think it proves they are useless. I would say from watching the video that the passcode is darn effective at keeping people out.

Touch ID is certainly way more convenient.
      Ozdude -
      Holy crap.... Paranoid much lol.
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
      Holy crap.... Paranoid much lol.
      not paranoid enough to make he wasn't being videoed putting his code in lol
      notMeNotYou -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post

Apple iPhone Touch ID hack: Use parents? fingers while they?re asleep | BGR
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook