• Second-Generation Apple Watch Coming Next Summer

As with many new Apple products, some users skip a generation before upgrading. In the case of Apple Watch, an untold number of folks had already stated publicly that they won't invest in a first gen device when they just know the second-gen will be so much better and available just one year later.

For these folks, June 2016 could be the moment they've waited for. According to published reports out of the far east today, Apple is looking at early next summer for the launch of its Apple Watch 2.

A Chinese media site picked up comments from Barry Lam of Taiwan's Quanta Computer, a manufacturer of the Apple Watch. Based on Lam's comments, it sounds like the Apple Watch refresh is set for June of next year.

"The brief write-up didn't detail any specific changes coming to the Apple Watch," CNET summarizes. "It simply relayed Lam's expectation that next year's version would be better than this year's, offering 'fully upgraded hardware and software.'"

So does that mean an HD camera is coming to Apple Watch? We can only hope for now.

Not surprisingly, Apple isn't commenting on the speculation. But those in the know seem confident that the summer of 2016 will be dominated by Apple Watch 2.

Source: CNET
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Second-Generation Apple Watch Coming Next Summer started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      Zokunei -
      I don't think it's going to happen. There might be a minor refresh, but I don't think a full hardware upgrade is on the table this soon.
      Simon -
      Probably just a specs bump and some new colors/bands etc.
      Silvio6 -
      So will some other people use same reasoning and wait for 3rd generation, 4th ?
      It makes no point, as they would spend a year or more without enjoying an available technology, hoping for the next one ...
      Silverado1987 -
      the only thing i hate about smartwatches is they are kinda thick. if the watch was getting a bit thinner then id be more interested otherwise id like to buy an apple watch but i do a lot with my hands and would be afraid of getting it destroyed.
      fleurya -
      Put GPS on it and they'll have my money.
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      the only thing i hate about smartwatches is they are kinda thick. if the watch was getting a bit thinner then id be more interested otherwise id like to buy an apple watch but i do a lot with my hands and would be afraid of getting it destroyed.
      Depends what kind of watch you are used to I guess. I wore a G-shock before my apple watch. Not one of those massive blinged out ones, just a regular black one and it is actually thicker than my apple watch.
      bencjedi -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      Put GPS on it and they'll have my money.
      Agreed! That's all I care about too! I want to run 'untethered' from my iPhone when bad weather is predicted so if I get caught 10 miles out from shelter in rain I don't have to worry about my phone being destroyed by precipitation. I want some apps with me like Runkeeper though. As a 30-50mi\week runner I get asked why I don't own a Garmin. I just say if I am going to put down a lot of money it's going to be on something with as many features as possible. Unfortunately the AppleWatch is missing the one critical thing it needs for me to go buy one for myself.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook