• Sprint Announces Launch of LTE Plus Network in 77 Markets

This week, Sprint is changing things up by bringing its 4G LTE Plus network in 77 new markets across the United States. 4G LTE Plus, as Sprint notes, offers faster speeds than AT&T or Verizon and has lower latency than earlier versions of 4G LTE. Moreover, it takes advantage of newer cellular technologies, such as carrier aggregation and antenna beamforming.

Although Sprint is known to have poorer network coverage than either AT&T or Verizon, Sprint is really riding on the back of the "speed" of its new network. Sprint says it can reach peak speeds of up to 100Mbps on "capable devices," although when it comes down to reality, with everyone using the network at once, you're more likely to see anywhere from 5-20Mbps, depending on the device you're using.

The 4G LTE Plus network utilizes several radio spectrums to make the wireless signal stronger whether you're out and about in the city, indoors, or even when you're further away from the cellular towers.

LTE Plus, available today in 77 major markets, takes advantage of our rich triband spectrum portfolio, and it uses some of the world’s most advanced technologies in wireless such as carrier aggregation and antenna beamforming. Key benefits to our customers include:

• Faster service with double the network capacity and speed, and peak speeds in excess of 100Mbps on capable devices
    • Stronger service with smart antenna technology that extends the cell signal further at 2.5GHz
    • More reliable service utilizing three bands of spectrum – 1.9GHz for broad coverage, 800MHz for better indoor service, and 2.5GHz for even faster data speeds
    Sprint doesn't have a full list of the 77 markets that are supported by 4G LTE Plus, but the map below shows where its services are best implemented:

The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus support 4G LTE Plus, although many older iPhones do not. This is something to keep in mind when major enhancements to carrier networks come out.

Source: Sprint
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sprint Announces Launch of LTE Plus Network in 77 Markets started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      WHUDS -
      Cricket is worlds better than sprint
      jackbauerctu -
      Cricket runs on AT&T's network. Good for sprint for trying. It's just too bad that their LTE plus signals probably only extend to the area in the actual green dots. And then only when the wind is just right.
      Dragonsoul80 -
      To little too late. It seems that T-Mobile take a leap and Sprint takes a baby step... Won't be long before they go the cingular way....
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul80 View Post
      To little too late. It seems that T-Mobile take a leap and Sprint takes a baby step... Won't be long before they go the cingular way....
      ? Cingular bought AT&T so what do you mean?
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      ? Cingular bought AT&T so what do you mean?
      I guess he means being acquired by a big player
      nmoreman -
      I'm curious, Spark was their high tech before, does this replace that?????

I've moved on to Verizon - couldn't take missed family emergency calls - but the rest of my family and group are
      on Sprint (so not completely bashing), and I am lol at the comment on coverage within the green dot.
      nmoreman -
      I'm lol at the green dot comment above - I thought Spark was the latest and greatest, so is this
      new service supposedly superior to that???
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook