• Analyst Predicts 6 Million Apple Watches Will Be Sold in December Quarter Alone

It has been almost 8 months since Apple launched their Apple Watch and sales are continuing to grow. Analyst Daniel Ives from FBR & Co. is predicting that it will double in sales this holiday season. It was noted that sales for the holiday season alone will go up to 6 million units in the December quarter. Previously, Ives estimated that sales of the wearable device until now would be 6 million but if his predictions are true for the holiday season, it would basically double his estimated total sales.

The Cupertino-based company has yet to announce or reveal actual numbers on the wearable device, but there has been many predictions from firms floating around the internet. However, the company did say that sales are only increasing for the Apple Watch and with the discount on the device this past Thanksgiving, we’re sure the number is only going in an upwards trend. It was also revealed in previous financial filings that total sales for the first five months are at least at $1.7 billion.

Currently, the Apple Watch is the dominant device in the market for smartwatches and it will likely stay that way for a while. Back in July of this year, they announced that the device outsold the original iPad in the first 63 days of being released. The first-generation iPad sold 3 million units in the first 80 days of being released, so you could imagine how much more of the Apple Watch was sold in the remaining 23 days. According to Ives,

We continue to view the Apple Watch as a potential door opener for wearable technology across the board, as this next paradigm shift is likely set to take place across the consumer/enterprise landscape.
    Do you think sales for the Apple Watch will continue to grow or do you think it will hit its peak this holiday season?

Source: Digital Trends
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Analyst Predicts 6 Million Apple Watches Will Be Sold in December Quarter Alone started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      X-Men -
      Believe it or not. Apple watch is a flop. People are already busy with their phones and tabs.... Usually Apple don't copy others ideas. But post Jobbs era apple is in wrong path? Now most of the time you need two hands to use iPhone. These concepts were always resisted by Steve.
      gldoorii -
      Quote Originally Posted by X-Men View Post
      Believe it or not. Apple watch is a flop. People are already busy with their phones and tabs.... Usually Apple don't copy others ideas. But post Jobbs era apple is in wrong path? Now most of the time you need two hands to use iPhone. These concepts were always resisted by Steve.
      You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Go look at the sales numbers compared to other smart watches. It's FAR from being a flop. Also, yea, Apple copied the "smart watch" idea...just like Pebble copied it, Samsung copied it, etc... Smart watches are not a new thing, but they obviously do a hell of a lot more now and pair with our other devices.

I bought an Apple Watch for my wife this past October and she loves it so I picked one up for myself during the recent $50 off sale and I wish I bought one sooner. I can't tell you how happy I am to take a quick glance at my wrist for messages/notifications as opposed to fiddling with my phone. I feel like I'm not as "anti-social" looking when I glance at my watch to check email, respond to messages, etc. while other people just get glued to their devices. It's nice to be able to hold my newborn and do that stuff quickly instead of having to pull my 6 Plus out and attempt to one hand it. I know Apple isn't the first to the game, but I'm glad they released it because at this point in my life I'm more grateful for it.

I know it's not for everyone and people love to crap on wearable tech, but it makes things easier and more convenient. But hey, it's Apple, so it's trendy to hate on them because they are the gold standard.
      unison999 -
      Sales figures means nothing, there are people out there would buy something like this just because of promise of iPhone integration. If you really want an idea of how well this sold... Just about everywhere you look someone has an iPhone, but I hardly ever see anyone owning Apple Watch.
      Smart watch is a stupid idea period, this is coming from a person who owned Apple Watch just to give the idea a shot.
      The raise to activate the watch does not work 1/2 the time, and all calls I get is important I have to pull out a phone to do a proper reply because the voice dictation does not work properly. Maybe it is because I only give my number to people who I care about so I do not get spam calls or text where I can just ignore from a glance of a watch.
      Tried yelp on the watch, it sucks because small screen and freezes all of the time.
      The health app said I stand 12 hours a day... I am an accountant sitting in front of a computer screen all day long, at most I stand 1~2 hours a day.
      The heart monitor sucks, shows my heart beats 41/min then jump to 108/min. Maybe because the watch scared the [email protected] out of me showing my heart at 41bpm?
      Though integration to Apple maps app is neat, unfortunately Apple maps sucks because it does not take into account of actual live traffic. It would be better with Waze integration, because it does not I did not use this feature very often.

BTW after owning Apple watch for about 2 months, I find it useless so I gave it to a friend of mine. Hopefully he finds more use for it, but it does not seem like it.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook