• Microsoft Officially Releases Cortana Voice Assistant App for iOS Devices

Microsoft on Wednesday released its all-new Cortana assistant application for the iOS platform, bringing the power of its Windows 10 voice assistant to the palm of your hand while on the go with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.

Cortana for iOS allows you to ask questions and receive answers just like you would with Siri, although because it's an application and not integrated into the operating system, you'll notice it's a bit less powerful than Apple's own voice assistant.

Ask Cortana whatever comes to mind, her answers might surprise you.
    • Set and get location and time reminders across your PC and phone.
    • Track packages, flights, scores, stocks, and other important info across your PC and phone.
    • Use Cortana’s Notebook to view, edit and manage your interests
    • Get information and answers to all kinds of questions. If you’re looking for it, Cortana can help find it.
    • Have a little fun in your down time — ask anything, get jokes, and much more.
    Nonetheless, if you like Cortana better, you can still give it a try. It requires a Microsoft account to sign in and use the application, and you'll have to enable notifications and location services access so that Cortana can fully answer all of your questions.

If you want to give Cortana a try, you can head over to this App Store link to download it completely free of cost.

Source: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Microsoft Officially Releases Cortana Voice Assistant App for iOS Devices started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Access to my location even when I'm not using the app? No thanks.

Only one reason I don't use Waze.

As soon as they implement Access to location while using the app, I'm all in.
      HovikGas -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Access to my location even when I'm not using the app? No thanks.

Only one reason I don't use Waze.

As soon as they implement Access to location while using the app, I'm all in.
      How else would you be able to set reminders like Siri, where you want it to remind you of something when you leave a place, or get to a place?

Apple is certainly accessing your location ALL the time.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
      How else would you be able to set reminders like Siri, where you want it to remind you of something when you leave a place, or get to a place?

Apple is certainly accessing your location ALL the time.
      You do know that Siri uses location "while using" not "even when not using" the app, right?
      webpager -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      You do know that Siri uses location "while using" not "even when not using" the app, right?
      You know that your service provider knows everywhere you go and keeps a record of it. The NSA likely knows as well, but they won't tell us.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook