• 8 More Cities Added to Apple's Flyover Locations

Apple recently added eight new locations in Europe, U.S., and Mexico to its Flyover-supported areas, just after news broke saying Apple Maps is now used three times more than Google Maps on iOS devices. Locations including cities in Germany, Florida, and Pennsylvania were added to list. For those who don’t already know, Flyover is a feature on Apple Maps that allows users to see cities in a 3D view from the air. You can see the full list of cities supported in the feature from Apple’s website and the eight new locations are as follows:

• Detroit, MI
    • Mazatlán, Mexico
    • Monument Valley, AZ
    • Münster, Germany
    • Pamplona, Spain
    • Pensacola, FL
    • Pittsburgh, PA
    • Utrecht, Netherlands

This feature was first launched back in 2012 and ever since, Apple has been trying hard to add more and more cities to the list. And since its launch, the company not only added feature enhancements and fixed bug issues but they’ve been working hard to build the in-house mapping product. In iOS 9, the new transit directions feature was added.

Do you use Apple Maps more than Google Maps on your iOS device? Share with us in the section below.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 8 More Cities Added to Apple's Flyover Locations started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      lostinthemes -
      Of course, using Apple maps and Yandex Navigator no google...
      Sage I -
      The flyover screen savers on the new apple tv look super dope on my new 55 inch Ultra High Definition tv... Wonder if these cities flyovers were added to the latest update for the new apple tv...
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook