• Facebook is Reportedly Testing an App Update So You Can Read & Comment While Offline

After recently pulling various applications from the iOS App Store due to lack of popularity, Facebook is now continuing work on its main mobile application and testing new features for it that would allow users to have more access to the application while offline, such as when Internet connections are weak and you're temporarily out of range.

First reported by Engadget, the company is testing an update that would allow you to read your most recent news feed stories and even leave comments on posts even when you didn't have a strong Internet connection, or when you didn't have an Internet connection at all.

The way this would work is that Facebook would be actively downloading new content in the background so that when you open the application, even in a low-connectivity state, you'll already have downloaded the latest Facebook activity so that it's ready to be interacted with. Moreover, when leaving comments, your device will automatically sync that information to Facebook's servers as soon as you've reconnected to an Internet connection, so whatever you might say will stay in standby mode until a connection is ready to accept your activity.

Such an update would be great for Facebook users that have a 'flaky' Internet connection, either because of being in a metal building, or because their carrier simply can't reach to a certain location. There is not yet any known release date for such an update, but soon, it should be available on all mobile devices to improve the user experience.

Source: Engadget
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Facebook is Reportedly Testing an App Update So You Can Read & Comment While Offline started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      se23 -
      Facebook app already destroys battery and ram, wouldn't this feature make it worse?
      Caiden Spencer -
      This will be great, too many people compain about Facebook... yet they use it every day lol
      se23 -
      My Facebook has been deactivated for a month. Decided to spend my time improving myself. I was one of those idiots that always got caught up in fb nonsense.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook