• Tesla Launches iPhone Cases Made With Extraneous Upholstery Material

Tesla has launched a new set of iPhone cases made specifically for the iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus that the company says are made from extraneous automotive-quality leather upholstery material. The cases are available as basic iPhone cases, and as wallet iPhone cases, but in the case of the wallet iPhone cases, Tesla says that they are also RFID shielded to prevent unwanted identity theft.

An example of the wallet version of Tesla's iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus case.

The Tesla leather cases have the Tesla branding stamped into the back, similarly to how Apple makes their leather iPhone cases. The basic cases retail for $45 each, while the wallet versions of the cases retail for $50 each. You can check them out via the following links to Tesla's Design Collection Web site:

Since they retail for essentially similar prices as Apple's own leather case options, it all comes down to whether or not you're a Tesla fan and want the wallet option available to you. Either way, it's a great way to re-use luxury automotive leather that would otherwise be wasted if it were not re-purposed for accessories like these.

Source: Tesla via 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Tesla Launches iPhone Cases Made With Extraneous Upholstery Material started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      WHUDS -
      Too pricy for me been using obliq cases for a year and a tempered glass screen protector. I have dropped the 6 about 4 times from 4 to 5 feet in parking lot and on concrete at work with 0 damage I swear they are decent for 8 to 10 bucks
      quidam_brujah -
      Coming from Tesla, I'd be interested if it had a micro version of a Tesla Powerwall builtin. Oh, and inductive charging.
      jacobcarl -
      Can anyone tell where can i buy iphone waterproof case.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook