• Apple: iOS 9 is Installed on 71% of iOS Devices in Use Today

Over the past two weeks, the amount of activated iOS devices running iOS 9 has continued to increase. The last update we received from Apple put the iOS market share split at 70% for iOS 9, 22% for iOS 8, and 8% for earlier versions of iOS.

The latest numbers directly from Apple's App Store Support Web site now indicate that the percentage of iOS 9 devices in circulation has grown one percent, and the percentage of iOS 8 devices has shrunk one percent, putting the iOS market share split at 71% for iOS 9, 21% for iOS 8, and 8 percent for earlier versions of iOS.

The main reason for the increase in iOS 9 devices is most likely due to new device activations, with software upgrades probably only having a very little impact on the numbers. All of the new iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches Apple sells have iOS 9 installed on them out of the box, which adds to the pool of iOS 9 devices when activated.

Apple records these numbers through App Store usage, so only the devices that are active and in circulation can be included in the numbers. Apple will refresh the numbers again in another two weeks, so it will be interesting to see where the numbers end up by then.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple: iOS 9 is Installed on 71% of iOS Devices in Use Today started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      Purple Minion -
      I'm still kicking myself for upgrading my iPad. Thank goodness I didn't upgrade my iPhone as well.
      repoman16 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Purple Minion View Post
      I'm still kicking myself for upgrading my iPad. Thank goodness I didn't upgrade my iPhone as well.

I'm the opposite here

I upgraded my phone and then said nope when I got to my iPad. Why slow down the things I currently do just to put in a bunch of crap I don't care about
      mazzanic -
      can we get a new JB for 9.2 soon devs? Missed the last few updates and phone needs a refresh.. won't sacrifice my jb though teeheehee
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by repoman16 View Post
      I'm the opposite here

I upgraded my phone and then said nope when I got to my iPad. Why slow down the things I currently do just to put in a bunch of crap I don't care about
      You have my sincerest sympathy. I upgraded to try out the latest jailbreak. Not one of my better ideas. Then yesterday my iPad wouldn't boot at all, and was forced to "upgrade" to 9.1. Boy am I bummed!
      Were I to lose the jb on my iPhone, I might jump off a cliff. But I assume you have a jb on your iPhone, right? So not all is lost, huh?

Somebody please release a new jb. Somebody? Anybody?!! English speaking, Chinese, aborigine. I'm not all that particular.

I promise not to upgrade again. Cross my heart! I've learned my lesson.
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by mazzanic View Post
      can we get a new JB for 9.2 soon devs? Missed the last few updates and phone needs a refresh.. won't sacrifice my jb though teeheehee
      Please reconsider! Don't do it! My iPhone is on 8.3, and I don't want to lose a single one of my jb apps. My phone has worked perfectly for over a year, and I refuse to "upgrade" (unless the evil ones at Apple force me to, of course.) I upgraded my iPad, and am VERY VERY SORRY.

I implore you. SAVE YOURSELF!!!
      Purple Minion -
      If you need a refresh, may I suggest trying Cydia Impactor? That saved my bacon a few months back. It removes all your software apps, but retains the jailbreak.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      If you need a refresh, may I suggest trying Cydia Impactor? That saved my bacon a few months back. It removes all your software apps, but retains the jailbreak.
      Cydia Impactor not working on my 6s+. Get error 1393 or something like that.
      mazzanic -
      Please reconsider! Don't do it! My iPhone is on 8.3, and I don't want to lose a single one of my jb apps. My phone has worked perfectly for over a year, and I refuse to "upgrade" (unless the evil ones at Apple force me to, of course.) I upgraded my iPad, and am VERY VERY SORRY.

I implore you. SAVE YOURSELF!!!
      haha thank you.. Yes, I enjoy ios 8 with it working fine. It just acts up every now and then and I have to reboot. First world problems, I know ..
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Cydia Impactor not working on my 6s+. Get error 1393 or something like that.
      If I'm not mistaken, the instructions say it works on iOS 8. (Not 9)
      Purple Minion -
      haha thank you.. Yes, I enjoy ios 8 with it working fine. It just acts up every now and then and I have to reboot. First world problems, I know ..
      Try using the Cydia Impactor app. It worked for me when I was having troubles. But maybe you should wait until there is a new jailbreak available, just in case everything gets screwed up and you're forced to restore from scratch. We wouldn't want you stuck without any jailbreak at all.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      If I'm not mistaken, the instructions say it works on iOS 8. (Not 9)
      I tried the beta which supposedly works on iOS 9 but didn't for me.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook