• Samsung's Galaxy "S7" to Feature a 3D Touch-Like Pressure Sensitive Display

The next flagship handset from Samsung, Apple’s largest rival, will reportedly feature a 3D Touch-like pressure sensitive display. The move occurs likely as a result of Samsung looking to get a piece of its marketshare back. According to The Wall Street Journal, in addition to the new pressure sensing technology, the so-called “Galaxy S7” will sport a USB-C port. This port was first used on Apple’s new MacBook and will allow for faster charging of the handset.

Samsung would likely continue with the strategy of launching two iterations of its device, one standard and one “Edge” version with a curved OLED display. Furthermore, Samsung is said to slim down the improved camera module, reducing or eliminating the hump found on the S6 iteration of the device. Most of the other features are set to remain largely the same, though there wasn’t more information regarding the device’s internals. One of the notable expansions is said to be the return of an SD card slot for expandable storage, a feature which was lacking in the recent devices.

It’s likely that Samsung would officially announce the S7 during the time of February’s Mobile World Congress in preparation for a launch later in the spring. We’ll have to wait and see what happens.

Source: The Wall Street Journal
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung's Galaxy "S7" to Feature a 3D Touch-Like Pressure Sensitive Display started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      tridley68 -
      GEE I wonder where they got this idea from HMMM.
      Zokunei -
      Big Surprise
      gldoorii -
      Oh man.. I really hope this thing gets a USB-C port for charging just so I can have some laughs at those that point fingers at Apple about changing plugs up.
      lungho -
      "Apple stole the idea from us!"

-Android users
      fredHD -
      Hahaha Samsung. The only problem is it will only be compatible with Samsung apps and won't support any other android apps unless devs team up with Samsung which they hardly ever do, i.e. Samsung smartwatches good luck Samsung (aka 6 galaxies a year ain't enough)
      psxcancer -
      Quote Originally Posted by lungho View Post
      "Apple stole the idea from us!"

-Android users
      Hmmmm I wonder why a Android user would be Peru zing a iOS forum.

How is it that Apple stole the idea from Samsung, made it better and Android is coming out with it, "after the fact"?

Well, let's hope Samsung has better luck with it, than they did with the the fingerprint sensor.
      kalpesh78 -
      Apple launches finger print scanner... samsung copies it.
      Apple makes its battery inaccessible... samsung copies it.
      Apple has no extendable memory slot... samsung removes it.
      Apple launches 64 bit processors.... samsung copies it.
      Apple launches force touch.... samsung copies it.

.... And samsung fanatics go... android had it years ago.
      szr -
      Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
      Apple launches 64 bit processors.... samsung copies it.
      Actually to be fair, 64-bit ARM processors were starting to come out in general around that time, so I don't think this one counts as a copy but was/is more of a general advancement that was adopted by most handset makers, at least for higher-end handsets.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook