• Rdio Announces Officially Shutting Down Following Pandora Acquisition

Rdio has announced that it is shutting down its music streaming service once and for all following an acquisition by one of its competitors, Pandora.

In the message announcing the shut down, Rdio notes that users who log into the application with their accounts will no longer be able to stream music, but they will be able to download an archive of their music collections to "look back" at how they used Rdio.

Also included in the announcement are some fun facts, which include the following:

• The first Rdio listener signed up on August 3, 2010
    • The first song ever played on Rdio was California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) by Katy Perry
    • The most-played album on Rdio was Nothing Was The Same by Drake
    • The most-played song on Rdio was When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars
    • The most popular playlist on Rdio was 1000 (April 2015) by Dave Novak

Joining in with the Pandora team, the Rdio team's efforts will be put towards future Pandora projects. If you were a Rdio user, you might want to check out Pandora, Apple Music, or Spotify as an alternative. Apple Music was recently speculated to have almost 54.5 million monthly users in 2015.

Source: Rdio
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Rdio Announces Officially Shutting Down Following Pandora Acquisition started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      xboxbml -
      Well that just sucks!...[emoji35].. I just downloaded that app n signed up a couple weeks or so ago..
      xboxbml -
      Actually it was back in September...but total crap..I can't even sign in!...try to do password reset n it says it doesn't even know my email...
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
      Actually it was back in September...but total crap..I can't even sign in!...try to do password reset n it says it doesn't even know my email...
      It's dead now get over it and move on.
      xboxbml -
      Really?...Nothing better to do huh...
      StuG III -
      No need to be abrasive gents. This is the natural progression of tech companies.
      xboxbml -
      Guess it's back to tunein radio pro again...I emailed Pandora and they responded that they do plan do expand into on demand territory next year...But not sure what they mean by that...i asked a direct question if they would be offering broadcast radio stations like Rdio they acquired and that's what they tell me...oh well...
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook