• Apple's 4-inch iPhone 6c Handset May Carry 2GB of RAM and a Bigger Battery

Apple has been rumored to be in the middle of producing another 4-inch handset for 2016 dubbed the iPhone 6c, which would resemble a lower-end iPhone with lower-tier hardware in comparison to the larger handsets that Apple would have on the market.

The latest rumor for the iPhone 6c comes straight from the horse's mouth employees from Foxconn that are reportedly familiar with the matter. The latest rumor suggests that the smartphone will be coming with 2GB of memory and a throttled down A9 processor with a larger battery. There are no details as to what the processor would be throttled down to or what the capacity of the battery would be.

On the other hand, it is suggested that the iPhone 6c would have the same curved glass design that the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus have right now, just in a smaller 4-inch package. The smartphone would have a 16GB base storage configuration and would include a Touch ID sensor.

It's rumored that a device of this nature could launch as early as April of next year, with an announcement some time in March.

Source: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's 4-inch iPhone 6c Handset May Carry 2GB of RAM and a Bigger Battery started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
      jery911 -
      Cool, but not cool. The 6s should had the bigger battery.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jery911 View Post
      Cool, but not cool. The 6s should had the bigger battery.
      If anything I think that means it's big battery for a 4" phone. Or bigger than what the 4" phones had before. Not entirely said its bigger than a 6+.

Seems like the extra gig of ram is working out well and corporate in as much as they can
      Purple Minion -
      It will have a bigger battery than what, the iPhone 5c?

It sounds to me like Apple will essentially release a remodeled 5s with a higher price-tag. I'll stick with my original 5s thanks. Got a good deal after the 6 came out, and it still works great, even with only 1GB of RAM for its 64 bit dual-core processor.

Tell me again why I actually need more than 1GB of RAM in my iPhone. Android phones need it because they essentially run an interpreter rather than native machine code like iOS does. This is why Android wouldn't benefit much by having a 64 bit processor. I suppose I could have more browser windows open with 2GB, but I really don't need that in an iPhone. Since the new 6c will have a smaller screen, it wouldn't need more RAM to maintain extra pixels like larger screens. People are still too hung up on tech specs rather than actual performance and quality.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Purple Minion View Post
      It will have a bigger battery than what, the iPhone 5c?

It sounds to me like Apple will essentially release a remodeled 5s with a higher price-tag. I'll stick with my original 5s thanks. Got a good deal after the 6 came out, and it still works great, even with only 1GB of RAM for its 64 bit dual-core processor.

Tell me again why I actually need 2GB of RAM in a cell phone?!!
      2gb makes everything run a little easier with applications/multitasking. Makes the battery last longer all day cause it's not stressing. I could be wrong. Overall I could tell the difference. The battery is smaller but is twice as better than any other battery I've ever had.
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      2gb makes everything run a little easier with applications/multitasking. Makes the battery last longer all day cause it's not stressing. I could be wrong. Overall I could tell the difference. The battery is smaller but is twice as better than any other battery I've ever had.
      Extra RAM actually uses more power. Do you find yourself wishing your iPhone were a little bit faster? I don't.
      signori -
      I have the iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6S Plus. The 6S Plus runs a lot faster and smoother. There is a big difference in performance. Very noticeable. Both of my phones have almost the exact same cydia tweaks, theme etc. I never have to worry about the 6s Plus refreshing apps when I am multitasking. The 6 plus always does that. Its a pain. The 6 plus opens apps a lot slower then the 6S Plus. Even unlocking the phone is noticeable. The extra 1GB of ram is huge in the 6S Plus. Believe me. A Lot of 6 Plus owners have complained about there only being 1GB of ram.
      bigboyz -
      6S+ or bust :] I'll never go back to anything smaller.
      WHUDS -
      16gb is a deal-breaker and mistake, should be no less than 32gb
      sand_man -
      Just got a 5s for my daughter and love it! 4" is actually such a sensible size for a phone. Not to say I don't absolutely love my 6, cause I do but I would definitely consider a 6c as a back up or spare device.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      16gb is a deal-breaker and mistake, should be no less than 32gb
      In the day we live in with so much cloud storage available to us for free or close to free.. why do we need more than 16gb of storage on our phones? I have a 6000 song library of music in iTunesMatch and it all streams to me so easily - and most of the time doesn't use my data - just wifi. I use about 40 apps and 30 tweaks - lots of theming.. And I still never get that close to maxing out a 16gb. I offload most of my photos to my computer once a month and just keep the most recent 2 months or so.

Just a little bit of storage management and you can very much get by with 16gb. I've never understood people wanting to keep every song they've ever bought and every pic/video they've ever taken - ON their phones - forever.

4K video ? Well okay.. You got me there.. Or poor wifi and a smaller data plan.. Those would be reasons to 'need' 64/128GB.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      In the day we live in with so much cloud storage available to us for free or close to free.. why do we need more than 16gb of storage on our phones? I have a 6000 song library of music in iTunesMatch and it all streams to me so easily - and most of the time doesn't use my data - just wifi. I use about 40 apps and 30 tweaks - lots of theming.. And I still never get that close to maxing out a 16gb. I offload most of my photos to my computer once a month and just keep the most recent 2 months or so.

Just a little bit of storage management and you can very much get by with 16gb. I've never understood people wanting to keep every song they've ever bought and every pic/video they've ever taken - ON their phones - forever.

4K video ? Well okay.. You got me there.. Or poor wifi and a smaller data plan.. Those would be reasons to 'need' 64/128GB.
      Exactly and 16gb can be for people who need a phone and to use it for just that. Older people. Whoever. A lot of people don't even know what 4K is or even care to use it. Phone calls and the occasional text message.
      WHUDS -

Well ok not everyone has huge data plans for streaming.
      I use my phone for work (medical) and my library of essential apps take up about 3gb to start

Also camera and video uses a lot of space
      Yes I have 1gb of music too

I also store sensitive docs and such on phone

All in all I have 18gb used

but wife and daughter use around 20gb on their phones

Really With memory so cheap why not have 64gb phones?
      NewD -
      Yeah. Fair points, WHUDS.
      WHUDS -
      Yeah. Fair points, WHUDS.
      I will never want to go back to 16gb and will feel with increasing complexity of ios that 32gb would be a min with 64gb sweet spot. I currently use my camera as a "copy" machine and take pics of documents I want to keep and use air print.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook