• Apple is Now Offering the Union Photo Blending App Free of Cost in the Apple Store App



    Apple is now offering a free promo code for the popular Union photograph-blending application by Pixite through its Apple Store application, which is a free download from the iOS App Store and is used to search Apple's product offerings, make purchases, and schedule Apple Store appointments.

    Apple offers digital content such as applications, iBooks, and even music in the Apple Store application every so often to get its users constantly looking back at the Apple Store in the hopes that they'll eventually see something they like and potentially make a purchase. New digital content is added every few months and is easily redeemed.

    With Union, which is normally a $1.99 purchase from the iOS App Store, but is free via the Apple Store application until February 10th, you can combine several of your photos together to make unique photo blends and apply editing to make your photographs more interesting.

    Some of your editing tools include removing backgrounds from elements in a photograph, to experimenting with different editing tools and brushes, to changing colorization to give photos a surreal appearance.




    Union is an elegant image blending tool that lets you create superimposed, silhouetted, and double-exposed photos. Here's how it works.

    1. Load a background image, solid color, or transparent layer
    2. Load a foreground image, solid color, or shape
    3. Efficiently erase areas of the foreground image using Unionís palette of intuitive, user-friendly tools
    4. Adjust the position and size of the foreground image to reach desired composition
    5. Make color adjustments on the background and foreground so they blend seamlessly
    6. Save your work in full resolution and share your work with friends

    Also included in Union is Pixite Source, a free resource for professional quality images, textures, and overlays that you can use in your edits. Union invites professionals and hobbyists alike to explore image blending and photo editing.
    If you're interested in grabbing Union while it's free for a limited time, you'll have to follow these steps:

    1. Download and install the Apple Store application from the iOS App Store if you haven't already (direct link)
    2. Launch the Apple Store application and open the "stores" tab at the bottom of the application
    3. Scroll down to where you see the "Get it the way you want" text, and swipe over to the right twice
    4. Tap on the "Combine photos. Create Art." link
    5. Tap on the green "Download now for free" button
    6. Redeem the promo code that you're given in the iOS App Store and your download will begin


    Seeing as how Apple doesn't appear to be choosing a new App of the Week for the iOS App Store this week in light of it being New Year's Eve, this is a great surprise for anyone that was looking forward to getting a paid application for free today.

    Source: Apple Store App via Actualidad iPhone (Google Translate)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple is Now Offering the Union Photo Blending App Free of Cost in the Apple Store App started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 115 Comments
    1. pchrist's Avatar
      pchrist -
      I too always looked at mmifor my updates on tweaks news and anything that had to do with my I devices sad to see that this is dieing! Where does everyone go now for updates with out searching through forums
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      This is definitely my main site for iOS and xda for android. Losing this site will feel like end of an era [emoji45] This is one of the first sites I joined after importing my iPhone from the US.
    1. nealh's Avatar
      nealh -
      More important. Kyle just was part of $250,000 + donation for cancer research in children. Amazing
    1. jaimeloz's Avatar
      jaimeloz -
      Glad to see I'm not the only one
    1. csglinux's Avatar
      csglinux -
      So I guess we're going to have to just start posting our own (member-posted) news?! Come on my MMI buddies, you can do it. I've already made a start... [emoji6]
    1. godofnecro's Avatar
      godofnecro -
      Are they alive????
    1. edwilk55's Avatar
      edwilk55 -
      Super ****** thing to do to loyal users and followers!!!
    1. xushi's Avatar
      xushi -
      Seriously..

      You have a link in your header that lists all the team members. So one is not contributing anymore for whatever personal reasons. What excuse do the others have ?

      And to the admin/owner who lost his kid to cancer, I sympathise and pass my condolences, but personal matters should be kept away from here, with at least an explanation or quick note - or even a post - to explain his actions, and what will happen to the site. It takes a lot of effort to win the hearts of followers and the least you can do in respect is to keep them up to date with such matters.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      The owner has posted about it here: http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-site-ne...ml#post7343735

      I'm not sure if it's funny or just sad how easily a lot of you turn on people without even knowing what is going on. It was explained already in this thread a few times by myself and blkcadi that Kyle would be making a post regarding the news situation soon, he was travelling and hadn't had time to sit down and figure out exactly what he was going to do.

      For those who would like to know what he was doing here you go: https://becauseofezra.org/blog/2016/...astoma-trials/
      You know, nothing too important, just donating $250,000 to help fight child cancer, that's not more important than letting a few members on a website about technology know why there have been no new news postings. <<Insert giant sarcasm here.

      He has posted now and will post something official soon on the front page.

      For those of you who still want to flame after knowing all this here's a little present from me to you:

    1. rolandgabor's Avatar
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      The owner has posted about it here: http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-site-ne...ml#post7343735

      I'm not sure if it's funny or just sad how easily a lot of you turn on people without even knowing what is going on. It was explained already in this thread a few times by myself and blkcadi that Kyle would be making a post regarding the news situation soon, he was travelling and hadn't had time to sit down and figure out exactly what he was going to do.

      For those who would like to know what he was doing here you go: https://becauseofezra.org/blog/2016/...astoma-trials/
      You know, nothing too important, just donating $250,000 to help fight child cancer, that's not more important than letting a few members on a website about technology know why there have been no new news postings. <<Insert giant sarcasm here.

      He has posted now and will post something official soon on the front page.

      For those of you who still want to flame after knowing all this here's a little present from me to you:

      Thank you for your over the top sarcastic explanation of what is happening. No one was requesting any personal details about Kyle's life. It's unrelated. Everyone here I think was expecting an explanation. Nothing more. Most of the negative comments were in regards to "no news" or "no update" about what's going on. Now that it has been cleared up we can all move on.
    1. edwilk55's Avatar
      edwilk55 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      The owner has posted about it here: http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-site-ne...ml#post7343735

      I'm not sure if it's funny or just sad how easily a lot of you turn on people without even knowing what is going on. It was explained already in this thread a few times by myself and blkcadi that Kyle would be making a post regarding the news situation soon, he was travelling and hadn't had time to sit down and figure out exactly what he was going to do.

      For those who would like to know what he was doing here you go: https://becauseofezra.org/blog/2016/...astoma-trials/
      You know, nothing too important, just donating $250,000 to help fight child cancer, that's not more important than letting a few members on a website about technology know why there have been no new news postings. <<Insert giant sarcasm here.

      He has posted now and will post something official soon on the front page.

      For those of you who still want to flame after knowing all this here's a little present from me to you:
      As a mod, you were probably "in the know" and don't realize what it's like being left totally in the dark on a site you've help contribute to daily for the last several years.

      It's not unreasonable to expect an owner to post a splash page prior to the site going down or at least withing a day or two after with, if nothing else, "we're still here".

      Anything less is just unprofessional and shows little respect for the 1000s of loyal followers and contributors that have made the site what it is today. It didn't get here on it's own.

      And your response is childish and unnecessary to say the least. But I'm sure you patted yourself on the back after.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      Thank you for your over the top sarcastic explanation of what is happening. No one was requesting any personal details about Kyle's life. It's unrelated. Everyone here I think was expecting an explanation. Nothing more. Most of the negative comments were in regards to "no news" or "no update" about what's going on. Now that it has been cleared up we can all move on.
      His personal life was the reason for the delay in him posting about it. So I'd say it was pretty relevant. Everyone here seems to think they are owed some grand explanation for any little thing that happens to them, figured I'd give as much info as I had. Still doesn't stop people from finding a way to complain though does it? Nature of the internet. Unfortunately.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
      As a mod, you were probably "in the know" and don't realize what it's like being left totally in the dark on a site you've help contribute to daily for the last several years.

      It's not unreasonable to expect an owner to post a splash page prior to the site going down or at least withing a day or two after with, if nothing else, "we're still here".

      Anything less is just unprofessional and shows little respect for the 1000s of loyal followers and contributors that have made the site what it is today. It didn't get here on it's own.

      And your response is childish and unnecessary to say the least. But I'm sure you patted yourself on the back after.
      As soon as I knew info I posted it in this thread. It's what I do, I try to help people here and have done so for many years. Even the people that call me childish. And there will always be those people no matter the reality of the situation or the post.
    1. xushi's Avatar
      xushi -
      lol well played with the video clip.

      Thanks for the update.

      The info provided can get lost within the several pages of comments, which is why we would have wanted an actual news article on the main page that shed some light on the current situation.

      I wouldn't say that we are "owed" some grand explanation as such, but we are the followers here. It's a news site. It would be good to have at least gotten a heads up or update on the main thread to what the situation is and where this is heading. Just because we're not paying for a service doesn't mean we can't ask for updates to what is going on.

      I look forward to the main page news article
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by xushi View Post
      lol well played with the video clip.

      Thanks for the update.

      The info provided can get lost within the several pages of comments, which is why we would have wanted an actual news article on the main page that shed some light on the current situation.

      I wouldn't say that we are "owed" some grand explanation as such, but we are the followers here. It's a news site. It would be good to have at least gotten a heads up or update on the main thread to what the situation is and where this is heading. Just because we're not paying for a service doesn't mean we can't ask for updates to what is going on.

      I look forward to the main page news article
      You are completely right, it can get lost in the thread pretty quickly. Hopefully he will post it in on the front page soon then we can all move forward from there. I think what he has planned for the news section may actually be a good thing when it's all said and done. News section has been pretty stagnant for a while now. It took no news to liven the place up a little lol

      For now anyone looking for some info can go here: http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-site-ne...ml#post7343956
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook