• Apple Music on Sonos Launching Tomorrow

Today, Sonos announced "APPLE MUSIC ON SONOS AVAILABLE TOMORROW" found here.

Sonos users from all around the world can in fact, be able to try out Apple Music including For You, Radio, and My Music. . Sonos has recently ended a two month beta testing period.

The duration of the beta period, which started December 15, Apple Music was tested on the Sonos platform by hundreds of thousands of Sonos users. Apple's own, Eddy Cue commented on the beta test, calling it "great" and an "amazing listening experience."

"The feedback from Apple Music members on Sonos during the beta period has been great," said Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. "Sonos plus Apple Music provides an amazing listening experience at home - and we're excited to offer it to all Sonos customers starting tomorrow."
    Beginning Wednesday, February 10, streaming Apple Music on Sonos speakers can be done by selecting "Add Music Services" from a Sonos controller app, choosing the Apple Music icon, and logging into the service. An Apple Music subscription or free trial is required.

Original Source
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Music on Sonos Launching Tomorrow started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      fleurya -
      I can't understand why anyone would buy those overpriced, restrictive Sonos speakers. For less money you can buy Apple Airport Express and a pair of speakers of your choice that will be better quality than Sonos speakers, and have the exact same setup, only cheaper and better.

And if you're An android user you can do the same thing with Chromecast IIRC.
      Dranon -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      I can't understand why anyone would buy those overpriced, restrictive Sonos speakers. For less money you can buy Apple Airport Express and a pair of speakers of your choice that will be better quality than Sonos speakers, and have the exact same setup, only cheaper and better.

And if you're An android user you can do the same thing with Chromecast IIRC.
      Although I agree with you in principal there are some limitations that you speak of. The pair of speakers you speak of either need an amp (can use a cheap $30 one or better. I have Griffen 20 which works well) or be self-powered. Good ones are not cheap! i.e Audioengine A5. So the cost of the Airport express, speakers powered and/or amp we are not talking about a lot of savings here!

The other point is you can only stream to one airport express at a time from your phone! You need to use your mac and itunes to stream to multiple speakers/Airport expresses. THAT limits you to itunes! Cannot use Pandora/Spotify etc.

The Chromecast Audio seems to be cheaper and more promising since it can be multicasted but I am still exploring it. AND you can use it on ios or android.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook