• Apple releases software update for third-generation Apple TV

Today Apple has released a software update for the third-gen Apple TV with software 7.2.1. The update is a surprise for third-generation Apple TV owners, who had felt somewhat abandoned ever since Apple released the brand-new tvOS-based Apple TV 4 last fall. The change in build number only means that it is unlikely for the update to include major new features.. Nevertheless, let us know in the comments if you notice any changes with the new update.

Apple has posted a security document, noting that the Apple TV update includes many security fixes, affecting iCloud account data and other areas.

Although this is a minor bugfix release for old Apple TV owners, Apple is prepping a major update for the newest 2015 model of its set-top box. tvOS 9.2 is currently in beta and includes major new features, like app Folders, iCloud Photo Library, bluetooth keyboard support and text-field dictation. tvOS 9.2 is expected to be released in March.

Original Source
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple releases software update for third-generation Apple TV started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      jackbauerctu -
      I have a 3rd gen Apple TV. It would be really nice to have some new features.....
      toyhaulerobs -
      So with taig and pangu listed as finders of certain "bugs", you think they were maybe working in jailbreaking the ATV3? Just a thought. Would be nice. But I have Kodi now so really no need for a jailbreak.
      bernaction -
      Apple Music on aTV3 ???????
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by toyhaulerobs View Post
      So with taig and pangu listed as finders of certain "bugs", you think they were maybe working in jailbreaking the ATV3? Just a thought. Would be nice. But I have Kodi now so really no need for a jailbreak.
      I highly doubt they're working on the Apple TV 3 being Jailbroken. Keep with Kodi
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      I have a 3rd gen Apple TV. It would be really nice to have some new features.....
      Content providers can probably still add station “apps” if that’s what you’re looking for. I’m guessing they’ll want to keep up the old hardware for max viewers. But you shouldn’t expect any new functionality. If you can’t afford a new one may the old Apple TV 2’s are going cheaper now that the gen 4 hits a lot of points people used to pay premium and jaikbreak the 2’s for.
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by bernaction View Post
      Apple Music on aTV3 ???????
      Might just have to settle for airplaying from your phone or ipad.
      yohu123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by toyhaulerobs View Post
      Do you have any steps or link to get Kodi working on an Apple TV 3 without a jailbreak?
      toyhaulerobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
      Do you have any steps or link to get Kodi working on an Apple TV 3 without a jailbreak?
      No. I am using Kodi on a fire TV and fire stick.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook