• Microsoft's 'bug chicks' praise Windows 10, diss Macs in new ad campaign

Two middle-aged women and a host of insects star in the latest ads for Microsoft's Windows 10, demonstrating some of that operating system's most prominent features while holding spiders and talking trash about the Mac.

There are a total of 4 ads, however I can only upload 1 at this point of time.

In each ad, Jess shows off a feature that Kristie then admires wistfully, admitting her Mac is incapable of such a feat. "She's so helpful, she's like an assistant!" Jess says cheerfully of Cortana's ability to find photos of treehoppers.

Each ad ends with the tag "Windows 10 PCs do more. Just like you." The strategy echoes Apple's long-discontinued "I'm a Mac" ads, and comes as competitors more brazenly attack Apple thanks to the Cupertino company's continued growth in nearly every market.

Samsung has employed the direct comparison strategy for years. Microsoft is no stranger either, often going after the MacBook Air in ads for the Surface line.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Microsoft's 'bug chicks' praise Windows 10, diss Macs in new ad campaign started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      gldoorii -
      Well, Windows does have more bugs, soooo...
      Purple Minion -
      Seeing big bugs and tarantulas crawling on people doesn't make me feel all warm and happy. Microsoft apparently wants me to feel the same amount them. Successful ad then!
      swifty7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
      LOL!!! ouch! M$ really walked into that one....didn't they?
      yohu123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
      That comment made me laugh
      Could anyone leave links for the other ads too?
      If this ad was so hilarious, the others are gonna crack me up
      unison999 -
      There is no doubt windows 10 can do more, see so many Mac installing Window OS and use it as primary OS.
      Why even spend the money on a Mac when you do not use iOS but use windows OS all the time?
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      There is no doubt windows 10 can do more, see so many Mac installing Window OS and use it as primary OS.
      Why even spend the money on a Mac when you do not use iOS but use windows OS all the time?
      Id rather run OSX on a Windows machine.

I own MacBook Pro, a Lenovo laptop on Win 7 and a custom built desktop on Win 10. But I always wish I could install OSX on my custom built desktop.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook