• @enMTW has "sold" his Jailbreak bugs to China

On a Reddit thread made by @enMTW on the 3rd of April @enMTW claims that he has given the bugs to China.

Statement made by @enMTW via Reddit :-

Hi. I've made a decision. I held back on this because I didn't want it to be seen as an Internet Jackass Day thing. Here goes.
    Most of the Reddit replies want a jailbreak with SSH. Most of the non-Reddit replies want the bugs to go to China.
    Doing it with just SSH is bad, because it shortens the window (signing window) and leaves me responsible for supporting the jailbreak. The community is terrible beyond belief, and I want to be done with it! So this option only solves one problem, and poorly solves it that.
    So I've handed off bugs to China, taking a much lower amount for them in exchange for them being used in a public jailbreak. I DO IT FOR YOU, FOLKS.
    This is the last thing I will ever say about Jailbreak. With this move, I am finally done. These last few weeks have been brutal and in no way worth it. Some of you are ok, many aren't. This isn't my primary interest, yet it is dominating my time and my @reply stream. My final request is for you fine folks to not @reply to me with jailbreak ****. Make it stop. Thanks!
    It is still not clear if what @enMTW is saying is true as there is a lot of speculation on the internet as no evidence has been shown, however he did feature in a Podcast called JailCast which you can find here.

We will keep you updated on the latest Jailbreak news.

[via Reddit]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: @enMTW to "sell" Jailbreak bugs to China started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 56 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      Hope to see an update soon!
      Ryaninfg -
      The first podcast I may tune in to!
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
      The first podcast I may tune in to!
      To be totally honest it isnít worth it. I listened live and it was a lot of bashing people for no real reason and talking about drugs.
      Matthews436 -
      Edited: not even worth commenting on in all honesty, far too much publicity has gone on this waster.
      Sage I -
      I bet he got some death threats even...
      sand_man -
      What I don't understand is why guys talk about the exploits they've found, on social media platforms and then complain when they get inundated with responses.

If you don't want the publicity and/or press would it not be prudent to keep it to yourself?
      hogcia -
      Guess I'll stay on 9.0.2 till next phone [emoji106]
      peacedog -
      The jailbreak community does have a bunch of entitled little sh!ts. You will get your jailbreak when it's ready. Quit being an ***** to the developers.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
      The jailbreak community does have a bunch of entitled little sh!ts. You will get your jailbreak when it's ready. Quit being an ***** to the developers.
      The developers have been in this game long enough I'm surprised they still let them get to them.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      The developers have been in this game long enough I'm surprised they still let them get to them.
      Well, to be fair enmtw is new to the scene.
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      I never heard of him before a few weeks ago...
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      I never heard of him before a few weeks ago...
      Most havenít. Heís apparently a drug dealer who uses security research as a cover for his main business. It sounds like heís tried to stay in the down-low to keep from attracting attention.
      Wicrowe -
      Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
      I couldn't agree more.
      bjppugs -
      I will say this. If for some reason I lose my jailbreak or for some reason I get updated to the new iOS I will just leave the iPhone behind and go to android. I will hate it but I just can't stand a stock iPhone without being able to make it the way I want it.
      savageone79 -
      That's the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face lol.
      bjppugs -
      Just don't want to be stuck with something I'm not gonna be happy with. I like to think of it as plastic surgery lol.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      That's fair. I actually haven't really followed developers since the pod2g era.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bjppugs View Post
      Just don't want to be stuck with something I'm not gonna be happy with. I like to think of it as plastic surgery lol.
      So just because you don't wanna be stuck with something you're not gonna be happy with, you're gonna go to something you hate, as you said earlier? Doesn't make sense to me.
      sand_man -
      Quote Originally Posted by bjppugs View Post
      I will say this. If for some reason I lose my jailbreak or for some reason I get updated to the new iOS I will just leave the iPhone behind and go to android. I will hate it but I just can't stand a stock iPhone without being able to make it the way I want it.
      /OT

Yeah, I have a JB 6 but made my un-jailbroken 6s my default device about 5 weeks ago. Has definitely diminished the overall WOW factor but its amazing how quickly one adapts to vanilla. Also quite refreshing not feeling compelled or having the freedom to constantly tinker and change stuff up on the phone. As a result the battery lasts a lot longer too.

The last time there was a delay with JB, I replaced a lost iPhone 5 with a Samsung S4. The level of customization was mind blowing but 6 months later I sold the S4. Android's nuances outweigh the advantages IMHO but I sold it as I was spending an insane amount of time altering stuff. It's fantastic being able to play but once the novelty of that wears off what are you left with? And can you live with that?

Back on topic, seems sentiment is fairly split 50/50 whether or not enMTW's claims are legit or not. As an avid Jailbreaker those are not particularly favourable odds.
      Majyk -
      I also agree that if the iPhone ever becomes unable to be jailbroken, I will go a different direction. Most "smart phones" are not great "phones". Great, useful gadgets that can make phone calls but I don't think most are bought because of their ability to make phone calls. Since I'm not able to code a jailbreak myself, I usually just STFU and wait for the more talented people to do their magic. These guys need to be encouraged and thanked and not driven crazy by a bunch of whining little impatient b!tches
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook