• Apple Watch will be facing Internal 's' Upgrade for 2016, Major Design Changes to wait until 2017

The Apple Watch is set to face a few changes this year which is rumored to improve only internal components. It is rumored that the external design will be unchanged from the first generation Apple Watch according to Ming-Chi Kuo.

A report gained from AppleInsider details that the next-gen Apple Watch will contain "spec improvements with limited changes to form factor design."

Many spectators have been waiting for a "new look" for the next-gen Apple Watch. The "new look" may include a thinner casing which is supposed to be announced in 2017.

'WatchOS S' is what is rumored for this years event with internal component changes. Changes may includes a larger battery and a display with improved outdoor visibility.

Ming-Chi Kuo, who leaked the details to AppleInsider didn't share any further details on what he believes the improved internal components of the next-gen may be but Ming-Chi Kuo is bearish on Apple Watch sales, predicting that only 7.5 million total units will ship in 2016, mentioning an "immature" market for wearable devices.

The next Apple Watch may launch in June, which could showcase the iOS 10 as well as the Apple Watch 2.

[via Apple Insider]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2016 Apple Watch will be Internal 's' Upgrade, Major Design Changes to wait until 2017 started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
      fleurya -
      Well if they're keeping the same size to shoehorn in GPS that's fine with me.

I have my credit card on standby for the minute they add GPS. Using it for my runs is the only real justification I have for the purchase. Everything else is just nice extras.
      Happy363 -
      It does work in tandem with your phone for gps actually I really like how it works tapping my wrist before every change! This part actually really impressed me!
      Googly2moogly -
      Ages behind devices like Fenix 3 HR.
      Happy363 -
      I suppose if you like ugly watches
      [email protected] -
      I want to see the next iwatch with camera
      bigboyz -
      I was hoping Apple would catch up with the Apple Watch. I guess we'll have to wait for Gen3 for most of what we wanted from the start. GPS, at least 48 hour battery life, front facing cam. I would be very happy.
      [email protected] -
      It's like the iPhone's right they just want to give everything in one shot .... Releasing a bit at the time to call the attention
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
      It does work in tandem with your phone for gps actually I really like how it works tapping my wrist before every change! This part actually really impressed me!
      Yeah but I hate running with crap strapped to my body. The watch is the only thing I want to deal with.
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
      Ages behind devices like Fenix 3 HR.
      Depending on the functionality you're looking for the Felix is ages behind the Apple Watch. I

Perspective: learn to imagine more than your own.
      rolandgabor -
      What does the "s" stands for in all these apple " innovations"? Are we going to have to put up with MacBook "s" at one point?
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      What does the "s" stands for in all these apple " innovations"? Are we going to have to put up with MacBook "s" at one point?
      S stands for Second Generation.
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      S stands for Second Generation.
      Superior? Speed? Security?
      The “SE” stands for “Special Edition”
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post
      Superior? Speed? Security?
      The “SE” stands for “Special Edition”
      iPhone 6 was Superior than iPhone 5s, better in speed than 5s and I'm sure more secure than iPhone 5s. So why didn't they call iPhone 6 an iPhone 5ss?

I mean every new iPhone is superior, faster and more secure than all previous iPhones.

Just my personal thought. I do not work at Apple so I wouldn't know.
      IChi1d -
      "S" has always bin for better hardware in the iPhone a much advance version. I would expect the same for the watch but the first gen will always be a icon. I had watches long before these markets had them to go with phones, and they all had dual sim cards unlocked with browsers and cameras in them.
      I don't care for cameras on watches to make face time calls a watch will never replace a phone unless the market improves battery across the board. The battery hasn't changed that much in over 15years until then i will not expect a watch to out perform a phone gps is welcomed for fitness purpose the only reason I got one is for health and weather as a glance.
      Anything more than that for me is over kill.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook