• ANZ is the first Australian bank to support Apple Pay

Today Apple Pay has expanded its services in Australia, with the addition to ANZ Bank, which is the first financial institution in the region to support Apple's payments product.

Apple announced the change via Apple's website, the integration comes after five months with bringing American Express partnership to Apple Pay which was introduced to the Australia last year.

Apple offers little guidance on what customers can expect in terms of future alliances, but the company's website still lists MasterCard as "coming soon."

Apple Pay went live in the UK last July, later expanding to Canada in November and China in February.

[via Apple]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: ANZ is first Australian bank to support Apple Pay started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      Caiden Spencer -
      This makes me one happy ANZ customer! Finally!

My mate works for ANZ and he says it's an exclusive arrangement for 6 months.
      SkyeAdvernt -
      I'm still waiting for Singapore to adopt this.
      Caiden Spencer -
      Nearly every store in Australia has NFC, as Australia adopted this a few years ago with NFC Credit Cards/Debit Cards also called "PayPass" or "PayWave" which does the same thing with just a tap of the card. Now I can use my Apple Watch or iPhone 6S plus whilst purchasing my Fish & Chips for lunch today.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook