• Apple Seeds iOS 9.3.2 Beta 4 to Developers and Public Beta Testers

Today, Apple has released the fourth beta of iOS 9.3.2 update to developers and public testers. OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 and tvOS 9.2.1 also saw a fourth beta release for developers today.

iOS 9.3.2 beta 4 can be downloaded over-the-air using the beta configuration profile or through the Apple Developer Center.

iOS 9.3.2, as an 9.x.x update, appears to be minor in scale, focusing on bug fixes and performance improvements. iOS 9.3.2 appears to fix a major Game Center bug that has plagued some iOS users for months and it introduces support for using Night Shift and Low Power Mode simultaneously.

We will post an update if anything noticeable has changed.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Seeds iOS 9.3.2 Beta 4 to Developers and Public Beta Testers started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 13 Comments
      Simon -
      A lot of seemingly insignificant betas coming out these days. Hmm...
      kelkel5313 -
      Whenever a new beta was released, users usually hope to find some changes but most of the time it not the case. Bugs and performance fix is important but don't forget the function of the phone.

Further detail of what had been fixed must be announce to the general public
      SpiderManAPV -
      I mean, itís a beta of a security and stability update. The update itself isnít adding any features, so i wouldnít expect any major things coming from a simple beta update. Wait until June and youíll get the good betas.
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      A lot of seemingly insignificant betas coming out these days. Hmm...
      Don't know what you're trying to infer here
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Don't know what you're trying to infer here
      I think he's inferring Apple is spending its time chasing its tail. Round and round they go, getting nowhere fast.
      Simon -
      They sure are. Just don't see much point to all these betas where hardly anything changes.
      GrandMstrBud -
      Still on 9.2.1, very tempted to upgrade but holding out what little hope there is for a JB
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
      Still on 9.2.1, very tempted to upgrade but holding out what little hope there is for a JB
      Nonsense! There is lots of hope. The jb developers are simply being prudent. Have faith and patience.
      matakibiker -
      What I'm noticing so far with all these bets is that Apple seems to be trying to prevent another 'Apple vs FBI' case, so that whatever method the FBI used can be patched. Until they can figure out how they did it, we'll see more betas. On top of that, with as buggy as iOS 9 has been for some, it seems they've been ironing out the wrinkles for the older devices that are supported.

Just my theory though...

As for a jailbreak though, iOS 9.3.2 may be the last supported update for the older generation on the list. Wait for that window to close itself, and we may see a jailbreak soon after that. Here's to hoping!!
      jackbauerctu -
      I hate to say it but I think jb is dead. Or at least comatose. Maybe jb will happen in iOS 10 but I have no hope for 9.
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      I hate to say it but I think jb is dead. Or at least comatose. Maybe jb will happen in iOS 10 but I have no hope for 9.
      On what facts do you base your lack of hope? There is every reason to believe a jailbreak will be released within a month of a stable iOS 9 from Apple. Until now, Apple has been releasing beta's every couple of weeks. That's all that's been preventing a jailbreak. Whenever Apple finally gets their act together, we'll have ourselves a jailbreak in short order.

Once iOS 10 is released however, we will again have to wait through seemingly endless releases of updates and patches from Apple until it finally stabilizes, so a valid jailbreak can be released. I'd rather not go through that yet again!
      jackbauerctu -
      Facts? No facts, just an opinion based on the lack of jailbreak and zero chatter except for some random we've never heard of until recently who claims he sold his findings to China. If things go they way they have for the last so many years, iOS 10 will launch in only 4 months. Even if there were exploits available for a jb, no one is gonna release one just before a brand new version is released (not just a . Release). Again, just my opinion. If a jailbreak miraculously happens prior to iOS 10 I'll admit I was wrong and give everyone 20 monopoly dollars.
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Facts? No facts, just an opinion based on the lack of jailbreak and zero chatter except for some random we've never heard of until recently who claims he sold his findings to China. If things go they way they have for the last so many years, iOS 10 will launch in only 4 months. Even if there were exploits available for a jb, no one is gonna release one just before a brand new version is released (not just a . Release). Again, just my opinion. If a jailbreak miraculously happens prior to iOS 10 I'll admit I was wrong and give everyone 20 monopoly dollars.
      Interesting. It's been my experience jailbreaks are usually closed within a month or two of being released. (I've been jailbreaking for the past 4+ years.)

I'd prefer an iOS 9 jailbreak because developers have already had lots of time to upgrade their apps. To me, this would be the perfect time for a jailbreak. Otherwise we'll have to not only wait for a stable iOS 10, but after a jailbreak is released, it then takes weeks/months for developers to upgrade their apps to work on iOS 10.

I've learned my lesson about upgrades. Assuming the latest iOS is stable, I plan to stay with it until my hardware no longer works. That's the only reason I need a jailbreak now--my phone died, and I couldn't install a jailbreak on the new one I replaced it with. I made the mistake of upgrading my old iPad 4 from iOS 8.x, and the jailbreak I installed died. Next time I won't upgrade iOS or OS X until I'm forced to do so.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook