• Apple Releases watchOS 2.2.1 with Bug Fixes

    Apple has released the newest version of watchOS 2 for Apple Watch owners.


    Apple released watchOS 2.2 to the public at the tail-end of March, and now, almost two months later, the company has released a minor update, version 2.2.1, to the public. Apple had seeded several different beta versions of watchOS 2.2.1 before its public release today. The new software is meant to focus on behind-the-scenes tweaks and enhancements, with plenty of bug fixes in tow as well.

    To install the new software on your Apple Watch, youíll need to open the dedicated Watch app on your iPhone, then head into General and then Software Update. To install the new software on your wearable youíll need to make sure the Apple Watch has at least 50 percent battery and is placed on the charger. It will need to be within range of the connected iPhone as well.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases watchOS 2.2.1 with Bug Fixes started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      Holy smokes! Updated the watch yesterday and it's noticeably faster at everything...
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      Holy smokes! Updated the watch yesterday and it's noticeably faster at everything...
      Can't lose my jailbreak to update. Will just have to deal with a slow watch.
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Can't lose my jailbreak to update. Will just have to deal with a slow watch.
      Agreed!
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Can't lose my jailbreak to update. Will just have to deal with a slow watch.
      So I chose to lose my jailbreak when watch os 2 came out. I wanted to update my watch and had to update my phone to do so... I swear you and another member here told me after the fact that I didn't have to upgrade my phone to update my watch, but I swear that the only way I could update the watch was to update the phone... Now you're saying exactly the opposite of before and confirming my experience of choosing to update the phone to update the watch thus losing my jailbreak.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      So I chose to lose my jailbreak when watch os 2 came out. I wanted to update my watch and had to update my phone to do so... I swear you and another member here told me after the fact that I didn't have to upgrade my phone to update my watch, but I swear that the only way I could update the watch was to update the phone... Now you're saying exactly the opposite of before and confirming my experience of choosing to update the phone to update the watch thus losing my jailbreak.
      When 2.1 was released, one did not had to update iOS to update to watch OS 2.1. I am currently on jailbroken iOS 9.0.2 and was able to successfully update to watch os 2.1. But now my watch app does not show any new updates for the watch. I even posted a picture of me being on 2.1 and 9.0.2
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      The minor updates to watch OS don't normally require you to update your phone. Only when Apple adds a relatively big feature do they force that. 2.2 had that sync to more than one watch feature so that's why they required your phone to be updated also if you wanted to go to that.
    1. ChipJr3's Avatar
      ChipJr3 -
      If I update the iOS on my apple watch on a non-jailbreak phone will my watch still connect with my jailbreak phone?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by ChipJr3 View Post
      If I update the iOS on my apple watch on a non-jailbreak phone will my watch still connect with my jailbreak phone?
      Nope, don't think so.
    1. Steve11's Avatar
      Steve11 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ChipJr3 View Post
      If I update the iOS on my apple watch on a non-jailbreak phone will my watch still connect with my jailbreak phone?
      Definitely not. I bought an Apple Watch today and was unable to pair with 9.0.2. New watch OS requires most recent iOS on your phone. I wore the watch for about 10 seconds. Looks like i will be getting a refund tomorrow.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook