• Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 with Performance Improvements

Following weeks of beta releases, with the last beta released earlier this month, Apple has now released the latest version of OS X.

Apple has officially released the latest version of OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.5, to the public. The first beta for the new software was released at the beginning of April, with the last beta, the fourth iteration, released at the beginning of May. As was made evident with the beta releases, OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 focuses more on behind-the-scenes tweaks and improvements, rather than including new front-facing features.

The new software is available through the Mac App Store, as usual.

However, the smaller update makes sense, especially as Apple Support communities have established that thereís a lingering crashing issue on some MacBook Pro (and, in the case of this MacBook Air owner, Airs, too) units.

Apple is expected to unveil a brand new version of OS X at this yearís Worldwide Developers Conference, set to take place in mid-June, which could even unveil a new macOS brand name.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 with Performance Improvements started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      xushi -
      I really hate the "macOS" name.. OS X has such a nice ring to it (until it reminds you of Xfree86 / Xorg)
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by xushi View Post
      I really hate the "macOS" name.. OS X has such a nice ring to it (until it reminds you of Xfree86 / Xorg)
      Apple has always disliked OSX as a name. If I remember right itís only been in recent years that they adopted using it over other names.
      novadam -
      update took about 30 minutes. while the description in the App Store made it seem like a minor update, 30 minutes seems pretty major.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook