• 'GSMagic' announce deadline for a new Jailbreak

GSMagic has mentioned via their blog that their will be their deadline to be released to the public for the Jailbreak Tool which is likely to be for 9.3.X if their tool is found to be legitimate.

GSMagic claim to be releasing this tool, however we still don't know if it is legitimate or not, as we have trouble understanding why they would have a deadline for Friday 10th June and if they don't release the tool on that date they won't release it at all. Many have questioned why a team would abandon a Jailbreak Tool if a deadline they set themselves is missed. If they miss their own deadline by an hour then they wont bother with a release. Again this sounds like a JailBreak Tool is less likely, however we will see what happens on that date.

The GSMagic Team Twitter account will no longer be updated until the deadline.

Message from GSMagic:

Because we don't want people to be tortured on whether the Jailbreak will be released or not, we set as Friday 10th of June 2016 the deadline for the release of our tool. If we cannot do it until then, our project called Ibycus just as GSMagic will be postponed for life. We kindly ask you to do not worry about what will follow and live your life happily. The only thing we want to do is to give you this tool! We will not publicize this bug and we will not give it to any exploiter or any Security firm ever. The People need actions not theories. Is tired from all this scene as we are. GSMagic as soon as will succeed to create a stable tool will release it right away without saying to wait for another possible ios update! We believe that the people should be free to update or stay to whichever version they want to, that's why we try to make the Jailbreak compatible with every existing version of iOS. GSMagic was created in 2000 and from the start till this day its members are loyal and have not participated in any other team whatsoever. Right now the members of the team are 5!

Regarding Argonautis blog:

GSMagic loves argonautis blogspot cause it was and will always be their place to hang around. There was no personal contact between GSMagic and Argonautis blogspot. The creator of Argonautis(Giwrgos) along with the mods of the blog do not have any consequence for our actions! Only we have!!
    Do you think GSMagic are legitimate?

[via Argonautis Blogspot]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: GSMagic announce ETA on a new Jailbreak started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 36 Comments
      CabooseLoL -
      Meh. I won't get my hopes up lol
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
      Meh. I won't get my hopes up lol
      Yes, I hope nobody on the forum gets hope from this article...just because it doesn't seem like it will happen but if it does we will be thankful I'm sure.
      miketurbo123 -
      Interesting deadline. It seems as though they want to release the jailbrake before WWDC 2016 which is June 13, 2016.
      DaddyofTheMacDaddy -
      "..a deadline for Friday 10th June and if they don't release the tool on that date they won't release it at all."

Maybe they are in negotiations to sale the JB...
      therandy -
      I'm going with the WWDC reason
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by DaddyofTheMacDaddy View Post
      "..a deadline for Friday 10th June and if they don't release the tool on that date they won't release it at all."

Maybe they are in negotiations to sale the JB...
      They’ve said they have no desire to sell the jailbreak.
      rolandgabor -
      This sounds like bs to me. Something just not right. They did tease the working tool. Why would they abandon it for life?
      jerry69 -
      Why does this sound so sketchy??
      Hope it's not, but....
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by jerry69 View Post
      Why does this sound so sketchy??
      Hope it's not, but....
      It's sketchy because they're Greek lol
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post
      It's sketchy because they're Greek lol
      I love Greek yogurt.
      oneduality -
      To me, this immediately sounded like a cop-out, but I will hold judgement... they give themselves a deadline then say if they can't meet it they quit for good... that makes no sense... if they don't want community pressure, don't announce things.. it's inevitable you'll get exactly what you said you didn't want..

I do still holld hope, I've not bugged them at all personally, but I but my hope is considerably less after this unless it's mostly just the pressure beating them down.
      oneduality -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      They’ve said they have no desire to sell the jailbreak.
      Which sounds like a cop-out ... they don't have to sell it.. but they don't have to abandon it for life when their self-assigned deadline expires.. that's silly. and for a team that's been around since 2000-2001, they' just registered their domain name recently...

To me thigh is highly likely an effort to self promote.. and exist on a moral high with the wording they use.. in other words, win the attention, lose the bad taste in people's mouths as if they were doing the right thing..

The best they could be doing right now is ignoring people, they keep complaining about the attention, but keep making announcements .. very fishy.. but I will not judge until the 11th..
      u4styx -
      They just don't want people keeping their hopes up. So by the 10th or not at all. Whatever.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Did they give a time or we have to wait until midnight of June 10th California time?
      EVO -
      I do hope that they get some magic going. I miss my jailbreak.
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Did they give a time or we have to wait until midnight of June 10th California time?
      No ETA on time at the moment and I doubt they'll give us one since they're on DEEP STEALTH MODE according to their Twitter... but again, we will see and hold out till then.
      Padgoi -
      Would've been nice if you gave me credit for first reporting it instead of taking the credit yourself, dude.

http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...june-10th.html
      NewD -
      The translator to English they used is HORRIBLE. What they wrote there is almost incomprehensible. So the weirdness you feel about the "if not by the 10th, then never".... Could all just be lost in the bad translation. Right now all we can discern from the article is "something" is likely to happen on 6/10. That's about all we can really know.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      The translator to English they used is HORRIBLE. What they wrote there is almost incomprehensible. So the weirdness you feel about the "if not by the 10th, then never".... Could all just be lost in the bad translation. Right now all we can discern from the article is "something" is likely to happen on 6/10. That's about all we can really know.
      Or never [emoji23][emoji23]
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook