• [Q&A] Do you think the GSMagic Jailbreak for 9.3.3 is Real or Fake?

*POLL* within FORUM

GSMagic claims that they are releasing a Jailbreak for 9.3.3 which is currently in Beta.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GSMagic_Team
    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...m_mega_thread/

News so far thanks to /r/Jailbreak:

• Do Not Update Your iOS Version
    • There is no offical JailBreak tool or 3rd party (eg: /u/Saurik) confirmation this new team has anything worthwhile at the moment. This may change in the future.
    • I will update this post with valid information.
    • Thanks to /u/Ziph0n for the sticky post.
    • If I miss any useful information, please DM me with details.
    • /u/super_sheriff "remain optimistic yet skeptical"
    • Useful Links:
    • Twitter: https://twitter.com/GSMagic_Team/

May 30th Updates
    • YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUu9hyoyrgo
    • /u/MITSOSG13 posted a result of a conversation with GSMagic. This can not be validated at the moment. link
    • Known Jailbreakers have requested a copy of the sha256 hash to prove the JB. Currently GSMagic can not or will not provide this as proof.
    • GSMagic Quoted "We are not on final Stage(Making the .exe). We are trying to resolve a few bugs as we don't want an unstable Jailbreak. Release could be days or weeks, but hopefully not months."

May 31st Updates

• /u/adityameena26 - Possible updates due tomorrow.
    • First signs this JailBreak isn't real. Quote by GSMagic "exhausted by the lack of patience of the people"
    • Still no news from /u/Saurik (Not that he needs to comment on every gossip thread)
    • No factual answers provided to any request from known hackers/developers from the GSMagic Team, just (what some say) childish responses
    • /u/iMokhls Received further (childish) replies from the GSMagic Team on Twitter link
    • /u/InspectMoustache Posted a really believable fake video of a JailBreak on the latest OS.
    • Google Translated link to Argonaytis

June 1st Updates
    • /u/spicyweiner1337 Posted a possible ETA link - It does feel like this deadline will be missed and a JailBreak not released
    • GSMgic Quote "Friday 10th of June 2016 the deadline"
    • /u/Ntdark Posted a full translated quote link
    • My own thoughts on today's news "You have to question why a team would abandon a JailBreak Tool if a deadline they set themselves is missed. If they miss their own deadline by an hour then they wont bother with a release. Again this sounds like a JailBreak Tool is less likely."
    • The GSMagic Team Twitter account will no longer be updated until the deadline (although it has been silent recently anyway)

June 2nd Updates
    • Possible 3 team JailBreak Release according to @qwertyoruiop
    • /u/JamesJLewis Comments: TaiG or Pangu may suddenly release a JailBreak without all of the promotion and questionably (based on previous releases). Would a team who has been working on a JailBreak for a long period of time simply stop developing it if a deadline they set is missed? Although this could be a legitimate jailbreaking team, there has yet to be any solid evidence.
    • WWDC 2016 is right around the corner on June 13th
    • No comment from previous JailBreak Teams

This article was originally published in forum thread: [Q&A] Do you think the GSMagic Jailbreak for 9.3.3 is Real or Fake? started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
      Rakim -
      My life experience and thought processes have taught me to expect/prepare for the worst but always hold out hope for the BEST..

So here's to the GsMagic and the idea of them possibly maybe potentially having a nearly complete jailbreak set for release....Because if not, at this rate I'm gonna hafta learn how to code a jailbreak MYSELF, which when released to public will likely be light on the jail part but HEAVY on the BREAKING side....

#ICantCode4Sh!t
      xushi -
      Exactly! there's nothing stopping us from just downloading the OS image and waiting until the day it comes out, then giving it a shot there and then.

That, instead of upgrading now, and risking it being fake, or buggy, or broken, or ...

What worries me is the more important and greater risk of us waiting a few days *after* it's out, hoping the team will release one or 2 more versions with stability fixes and bug squashes for the JB procedure - before Apple locks us out again.
      Simon -
      Feels more fake every day unfortunately.
      King_O_Hill -
      Everyday that Saurik is not included is a day just proving its fake.
      pnunez1310 -
      I think it's real. I hope they do release a jb.
      miketurbo123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Everyday that Saurik is not included is a day just proving its fake.
      I was just thinking about that too. However, Saurik has always been late in the game from what we've seen with previous jailbraking softwares.
      hogcia -
      A JB would be a smack in the face for Apple, and that would make me happy.
      rocarizt -
      For me it's definitely a fake with a dirty game behind. I think they just want to force some other Dev's to release their secret/not public jailbreak to the masses. The whole behaviour of them is really disturbing - they got the attention of ion1c and qwerty, calling them a faker, etc. and trying them to force to release something.

The Deadline will go by without having them released a jailbreak. After that we will never hear something from their side... Maybe a "We sold it to China" but not more.

Wird gesendet...
      Phoenix199018 -
      If this jailbreak don't release this month, I'm done with this overall, because the jailbroken version I have is starting to be buggy and that really annoys me. Jus want to update my phone.
      punjabi212 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix199018 View Post
      If this jailbreak don't release this month, I'm done with this overall, because the jailbroken version I have is starting to be buggy and that really annoys me. Jus want to update my phone.
      Same here. My phone is jailbroken but Cydia disappeared a couple weeks ago.
      DJ_Jimi -
      2. iFile Method
      If you donít want to re-jailbreak (agreeably, thereís a bit of a risk there) and have iFile installed, this method is for you. Youíll need Cydiaís installation file (deb) for this.

Open Safari on your iDevice
      Copy and paste this URL in the search bar:
      http://apt.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.9_iphoneos-arm.deb
      Tap on Open in iFile
      Next, tap on Installer
      iFile will install the new Cydia on your iPhone. Reboot and the Cydia icon should be back on the homescreen.
      echoes49 -
      How many folks believe JB days are over?
      hopethemodworx -
      Only time will tell.
      SpiderManAPV -
      If you lost Cydia, worst case scenario semi-restore works on iOS 9 now. Was planning on doing an article on it later if one hasnít been done by then.
      jamiebarrett -
      Fake
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      If you lost Cydia, worst case scenario semi-restore works on iOS 9 now. Was planning on doing an article on it later if one hasnít been done by then.
      Please do or post a link to a guide. You not talking about Impactor, correct?
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Please do or post a link to a guide. You not talking about Impactor, correct?
      It's not Impactor. See article on News page.
      GrandMstrBud -
      I'm not buying it and they shouldn't be trying to sell it.
      punjabi212 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Jimi View Post
      2. iFile Method
      If you don’t want to re-jailbreak (agreeably, there’s a bit of a risk there) and have iFile installed, this method is for you. You’ll need Cydia’s installation file (deb) for this.

Open Safari on your iDevice
      Copy and paste this URL in the search bar:
      http://apt.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.9_iphoneos-arm.deb
      Tap on Open in iFile
      Next, tap on Installer
      iFile will install the new Cydia on your iPhone. Reboot and the Cydia icon should be back on the homescreen.
      Thanks but I don't have iFile installed. My only option is a new jailbreak.
      WHUDS -
      sigh........
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook