• Leaked iPhone 7 Photo Shows Touch-Sensitive Home Button

A newly leaked photo of the front of the iPhone 7 has made its way to the hands of the folks over at MobiPicker. The leaked photos show the front of an iPhone 7 that looks similar to the iPhone 6/6s, though with the upper and bottom bezels being slightly narrower. The most notable change, however, is that the home button is now touch-sensitive, and not a physical home button that is found on previous iPhones.

The source tells MobiPicker that the home button now sits flush with the front of the device, and will continue to feature Touch ID integration. The touch-sensitive button will be used to bring up some commonly used features like tapping and holding the button for bringing up Siri, double tapping it for bringing the app switcher, and more.

The home button on the iPhone 6 and greater is also touch sensitive, though it is only used by Apple for toggling Reachability.

This is the not the first time that we are hearing rumors about Apple switching to a touch-sensitive home button for the iPhone 7. A previous report from Digitimes in May had also claimed that Apple will be switching to a touch-sensitive home button with the iPhone 7.

Scheduled to launch in September this year, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are expected to sport a design similar to the iPhone 6s with some minor improvements. This includes repositioned antenna lines at the rear for a cleaner look and water and dust-resistance. The handset is also reported to ditch the 3.5mm audio jack in favor of the Lightning port, stereo speakers, and a slightly larger battery.

[Via MobiPicker]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Leaked iPhone 7 Photo Shows Touch-Sensitive Home Button started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      dikkik -
      I am not sure if I like the idea. Touch sensitive could get unresponsive when the phone hangs.
      lighter -
      Quote Originally Posted by dikkik View Post
      I am not sure if I like the idea. Touch sensitive could get unresponsive when the phone hangs.
      I don't believe this is real because this poses an issue for reachability as how would to separate the 2 gestures of double click vs double tap.

I could be off but I don't see apple eliminating home button click yet ...

On a side note

Also with the click to unlock in iOS 10 Apple as now added additional ware to the home button ... Something doesn't make sense here...

If your home button dies your phone becomes useless ... How do you unlock it?
      RyoSaeba -
      One thing I hated about most Android phones was the lack of a physical home button. Samsung has it but I hated their TouchWiz UI. I really home they don't eliminate the physical click. Making it flush with the bezel should be fine. Just make sure to make the ring an actual ring that you can feel and not printed on.

If your home button dies your phone becomes useless ... How do you unlock it?
      Just like the home button now. You can always press the power/sleep button to wake your phone (or perhaps the raise to wake will work?) then slide the screen right to reveal the passcode entry option. Then use the accessibility feature to simulate the home button until you can get it fixed.
      lighter -
      Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
      Just like the home button now. You can always press the power/sleep button to wake your phone (or perhaps the raise to wake will work?) then slide the screen right to reveal the passcode entry option. Then use the accessibility feature to simulate the home button until you can get it fixed.
      Have you used iOS 10? They have removed the slide screen to reveal the passcode screen ... Only way to get it is to click your home button ...
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook