• Top 10 watchOS 3 Hidden Features

Alongside tvOS 10, macOS Sierra, and iOS 10, Apple also unveiled watchOS 3 at the opening keynote of WWDC 2016 yesterday. The latest version of watchOS comes with some serious performance improvements that greatly reduce the app opening times and make navigating around the UI faster.

But faster performance is just one of the key features of watchOS 3. The OS packs in many other features that Apple mentioned in passing at its unveiling or completely skipped them. Letís have a look at what they are.

More complications

While Apple added quite a few new watch faces in watchOS 3, it has also updated the existing ones with new complications. You can now add new complications in watchOS 3 to all the existing watch faces.

New system apps

watchOS 3 comes with a number of new system apps, including some existing apps being redesigned. This includes Reminders, Find my Friends, Home app, and a separate new app to measure your heart rate. The Activity and Workout apps have also been updated to display more information.

Dock

There is a new Dock in watchOS 3 that provides you with quick access to your favorite apps. All the applications in the dock will continue to run in the background, so when you open them, they will load instantly. This new dock can be accessed by pressing the side button.

You can quickly scroll through the apps in Dock using the Digital Crown.

Improved Notification Center
    When you dismiss a second tier notification in the Notification Center, you are automatically taken back to the watch face, rather than the Notification Center.

Disable Screenshot

You can disable the ability to take a screenshot in watchOS 3. This can be done from the companion Apple Watch app from within the General menu.

Quickly switch between watch faces

In watchOS 3, you can quickly switch between watchOS 3 by swiping from the left-to-right edge of the screen.

New Watch faces

watchOS 3 comes with a bunch of new watch faces, including one of Minnie Mouse. Tapping on the Mickey/Minnie Mouse watch faces will also lead them to read the time aloud in their voice.

The new Activity watch face is available in both digital and analog formats.

Face Gallery

There is a new Face Gallery section in the Apple Watch app on iPhone that allows users to browse, customise, and switch between watch faces.

Find my Apple Watch

Apple Watch now supports Find My iPhone. It will, however, need to be connected to your iPhone or a Wi-Fi network to determine its location and show up in Find My iPhone.

New Workout App

The Workout app has been updated with some new features, including support for wheelchair mode. This needs to be enabled from the companion Apple Watch app on your iPhone. The workout app now also remembers your previous workout and its settings, so you can quickly start the same workout next time around.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Top 10 watchOS 3 Hidden Features started by Caiden Spencer View original post
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook