• Apple Watch 2 Expected to Launch Alongside iPhone 7

Apple Watch 2 is expected to make its big debut alongside the iPhone 7 this September, according to sources in Apple’s supply chain. Component shipments are expected to begin in the third quarter, and it seems Apple has high hopes for sales.

“Apple has stepped up procurement of chips and components for the second-generation Apple Watch which is expected to debut later in 2016,” reports DigiTimes. “Orders for the upcoming Apple Watch have been higher-than-expected, said the sources.”

Based on Apple’s “rather aggressive” orders so far, it’s thought as many as 2 million units of Apple Watch 2 could be shipped every single month. This suggests the company is forecasting strong demand for its second wearable.

The sources add that sales of the first-generation Apple Watch have been a disappointment, which makes Apple’s orders for the next model even more surprising. However, Apple has never confirmed exactly how many units it has sold so far.

Big discounts from third-party retailers indicate that the device probably isn’t selling all that well, while the latest estimate from KGI Securities claims that less than 7.5 million Apple Watches have been sold this year.

Ordering 2 million per month is a massive increase over that figure — if true — and it means Apple must be pretty confident in Apple Watch 2. Rumors have claimed the new model could be 40% thinner with cellular connectivity and a FaceTime camera.

[Via DigiTimes]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Watch 2 Expected to Launch Alongside iPhone 7 started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      therandy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post

Apple has never confirmed exactly how many units it has sold so far.

[Via DigiTimes]
      This fact has pissed me off since QTR1
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
      This fact has pissed me off since QTR1
      May be a bad result so far lol
      nealh -
      7.5 million units? Is a bad result. How many watch companies sell that many in a year???
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
      7.5 million units? Is a bad result. How many watch companies sell that many in a year???
      If I remember right, the Pebble had sold 3,000,000 total at the Apple watch release.
      fleurya -
      I hope this means they're finally putting GPS on it to make it worthwhile for runners. That's where they can really boost sales!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      If I remember right, the Pebble had sold 3,000,000 total at the Apple watch release.
      What does at the release mean? Like that day? Or that was their total sales since inception? 3million means nothing without time frame. An actuall reference to the factoid would be good too.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook