• iOS 10 Beta Problems Discovered So Far

iOS 10 is currently in beta stage and is only intended for developers. However, that has not stopped many advanced users from jumping the gun and installing the beta on their iPhone or iPad. Being in beta stages, it is a given that the OS is filled with bugs and has stability and performance issues.

If you have not already, follow this article to install the iOS 10 beta on your iPhone or iPad. And if you are not a developer, you can still install the iOS 10 beta on your device by following these steps.

In this article, we highlight some of the most common issues and problems that beta iOS 10 users have reported since installing the OS on their device.

General bugs

• Using Force Touch to reply to a SMS from the Lock Screen results in the reply window freezing that cannot be exited by pressing the Home button or by any other interaction. The only solution to this problem is to restart your iOS device once
    • Taking screenshots of the new Lock Screen can lead to the device restarting itself
    • Once an alarm has been stopped, it continues to remain on the Lock Screen as “snoozing” with a negative amount of time
    • With the Reduced Motion setting enabled, performance in certain system apps like Safari can be slow and choppy
    • Turning off sounds for the Keyboard also turns off haptic feedback
    • Some widgets have rendering issue in the Today view and are cut off from the edges
    • In iMessage, sending more than 3 emoji will lead them to be send in the normal text size and not the enlarged bubble as Apple had demoed
    • Safari has some rendering problems that leads to images being garbled
    • Even if you are interacting with any notification on the Lock screen, it does not stop the screen from timing out after 30 seconds
    • Replying to a iMessage from the Lock screen leads to the device notifying of the message again
    • Facebook application crashes while trying to uploading photos/videos. This is likely due to the app not being optimised for iOS 10 though
    • Static noise when the device is connected to speakers using the 3.5mm audio jack
    • Some users are reporting random resprings and reboots
    • Siri crashes if you ask it your name
    • The Transit settings menu in Apple Maps show ‘localised strong not found’
    • The ‘Update All’ button in the iOS App Store does not work. You have to manually install updates for each app
    • The Photos app does not show the location of your synced photos
    • Random standby battery drain
    • Multitasking with a lot of apps open can cause apps to start crashing
    • The App Store is taking considerably longer to load and display results for many
    • Phone shuts off with battery to spare, but shows that it needs to be connected to a charger before it can boot again
    • The PPTP VPN type option from VPN configuration has been removed. It remains unclear if this is a bug or an intentional move from Apple
    • Bluetooth audio stutters and comes out garbled
    • The Lock sound plays even if it is turned off in Settings
    • While selecting an alarm tune, the default alarm tone will continue playing until you force close the app

iPad

• Changing the orientation can sometimes lead the 9.7″ iPad Pro to lock its orientation. This can then only be fixed by restarting the device
    • There are a lot of audio issues on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, with the audio totally cutting off sometimes when headphones are plugged in
    • The Photos app has some UI glitches on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro

Are you experiencing other bugs ?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 10 Beta Problems Discovered So Far started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 23 Comments
      matakibiker -
      The first 2 for the iPad Pro 9.7" and the only one that I have experienced so for on my 6S+ is the random battery drain... The Facebook thing is across many different social media apps, most likely not being fully compatible, but also possibly new permissions and system accessible options in iOS
      Ryaninfg -
      Went back to 9.3.2 and will probably stay here. Not a fan of having to press the home button to wake and then again to unlock. Also when going back to iOS 9 I can no longer find modmyi app in the App Store!! Any suggestions? It didn't even download from a previous iCloud back up.
      jackbauerctu -
      Lol so basically everything is wrong with it
      Simon -
      Constant reboots on my 6s. Buggiest beta 1 I've been on since iOS 5 I'd say.
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Constant reboots on my 6s. Buggiest beta 1 I've been on since iOS 5 I'd say.
      Amazes me that Apple would release it, WTF...
      matakibiker -
      8 was buggier for me on my 5S than 10 is for my S+ and 9.7 pro
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Well they haven't really released it. Supposed to be just for developers so no one can really complain. By the time he first public beta rolls around in a month I'm sure it will be much more useable.
      xboxbml -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
      Went back to 9.3.2 and will probably stay here. Not a fan of having to press the home button to wake and then again to unlock. Also when going back to iOS 9 I can no longer find modmyi app in the App Store!! Any suggestions? It didn't even download from a previous iCloud back up.
      Hope u have it in iTunes!...otherwise ur SOL
      dsg -
      lol

I'm liking iOS X, there are a few things I'd like to change like all iOS versions before it. I've had one forced restart and no other issues yet
      ausgirl -
      If an app is removed from the App Store, but you purchased it previously, you can still find it in the App Store app by going to the Purchased section and searching for it in there.
      echoes49 -
      The only problem I have noticed, is trying to reply to a sms/iMessage on the lock screen. Double notifies and your reply disappears. Everything else is running smoothly for me.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ausgirl View Post
      If an app is removed from the App Store, but you purchased it previously, you can still find it in the App Store app by going to the Purchased section and searching for it in there.
      I don't think so.
      ausgirl -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I don't think so.
      O.K, so I have used this technique with many apps previously that have been pulled. I do have the ModMyi app on both my iPhone & iPad, but now that you challenged me, I searched for it in the AppStore & it isn't coming up for me either. However, something odd is that I restored my iPhone only 2 days ago from iTunes backup & the ModMyi app restored. I have an older version in my iTunes library on my Mac, not the newer version with newer icon that I have installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ausgirl -
      I went to this link in Safari http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-site-ne...store-app.html then clicked on the iTunes app link in the post. On my iPhone, it gave me a message that the app is not available in the Australian App Store, but it is in the US one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      turdsmoka -
      The phone will restart while plugged in and powered off. So there doesnt seem to be a way to have it off and plugged in to a pc. Also notice my 6s is running a little hot.
      jwil736 -
      I went to this link in Safari http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-site-ne...store-app.html then clicked on the iTunes app link in the post. On my iPhone, it gave me a message that the app is not available in the Australian App Store, but it is in the US one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nope it's not available in the U.S. earlier.
      miketurbo123 -
      O.K, so I have used this technique with many apps previously that have been pulled. I do have the ModMyi app on both my iPhone & iPad, but now that you challenged me, I searched for it in the AppStore & it isn't coming up for me either. However, something odd is that I restored my iPhone only 2 days ago from iTunes backup & the ModMyi app restored. I have an older version in my iTunes library on my Mac, not the newer version with newer icon that I have installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      It's not available on the app store whatsoever. They even pulled it from the downloads section.
      dsg -
      look here, might be some time though

I have modmyi 3.9.8.ipa if thats any use to you
      Norb -
      Maybe I understand "release it" quite differently than you.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      look here, might be some time though

I have modmyi 3.9.8.ipa if thats any use to you
      Wouldn't one need a tweak (insert sync app used to install pirated apps here) to install an ipa not purchased.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook