• Spotify now has 100 Million Active Users Every Month


    There are milestones that companies strive for, and thereís certainly no doubt that 100 million of anything is one of them.


    For Spotify, thatís one more milestone the streaming service can check off its list. According to a report from The Telegraph, Spotify has confirmed that it now has 100 million monthly active users. That means Spotify is the first music streaming platform to do so, but it doesnít mean that it can rest on its laurels, either.

    Even before the announcement of Apple Music, word had it that Appleís goal was to secure 100 million paid subscribers, and the company is certainly making steps towards that goal. In April of this year, the company confirmed it had 13 million paid subscribers, but that number has jumped up to 15 million paid subscribers since then.

    To compare, three months ago Spotify confirmed it had 30 million paid subscribers, which equals out to be about 10 million paid subscribers being added every year. Considering Spotify is Apple Musicís biggest competitor, it will be interesting to see what happens in the future, and see if Apple Musicís subscriber adoption continues at its quick pace to catch up with the leader.

    The upcoming redesign for Apple Music could help with that, considering the service is getting a widespread visual overhaul, with new lyrics integration, and quite a few other changes that will become available to the public later this year with the launch of iOS 10.

    [via The Telegraph]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Spotify now has 100 Million Active Users Every Month started by Caiden Spencer View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
    1. bigray's Avatar
      bigray -
      I haven't used Apple Music yet. Spotify has been too good so I never bothered to change.

      I was taking to a music artist about 2 weeks ago and they were telling me how bad their contracts are and they get basically no money from Spotify. Even the albums they sell, they might get $0.30 per album. The only way musicians make good money is by touring and live shows which is why they do it so much.

      Anyway... I got pretty angry hearing this as I've always felt good 'paying the artist for their work.' But now willing be pirating music again as they don't get any of the money. I'm actually better off choosing an artist each month and sending them $10 donations.

      Can of worms opened lol
    1. Caiden Spencer's Avatar
      Caiden Spencer -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
      I haven't used Apple Music yet. Spotify has been too good so I never bothered to change.

      I was taking to a music artist about 2 weeks ago and they were telling me how bad their contracts are and they get basically no money from Spotify. Even the albums they sell, they might get $0.30 per album. The only way musicians make good money is by touring and live shows which is why they do it so much.

      Anyway... I got pretty angry hearing this as I've always felt good 'paying the artist for their work.' But now willing be pirating music again as they don't get any of the money. I'm actually better off choosing an artist each month and sending them $10 donations.

      Can of worms opened lol
      Yes! I love Spotify it is the best trust me ! No matter what anybody says lol
    1. mattdonut's Avatar
      mattdonut -
      Ive just rejoined Spotify
      so much better than Apple music
    1. Atom2215's Avatar
      Atom2215 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mattdonut View Post
      Ive just rejoined Spotify
      so much better than Apple music
      How do I've never used it but tell me what are the benefits are where it trumps apple m
    1. crslaeme's Avatar
      crslaeme -
      I cancel Spotify then found out they lower there plans and went back to it way better then Apple Music
    1. bigray's Avatar
      bigray -
      Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post
      Yes! I love Spotify it is the best trust me ! No matter what anybody says lol
      Lol. I'm happy to hear what people say about Apple Music but as it goes for Spotify I've never had a complaint or wish they had a feature that isn't available (except for simultaneously playing from 2 phones at once but I don't think any streaming services gives that)
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      The big thing I like about Spotify is being able to listen to other people's playlists.

      Apple Music just has way better integration. It feels like the music is actually on your phone.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook