• Designer posts renders of dark black iPhone 7

3D Graphic Designer Martin Hajek has posted renders of what he believes a dark black iPhone 7 will look like based on the various rumors and stories that have recently come out. The look of it heavily resembles an iPhone 6 without the two antenna bands going across the back and a missing headphone jack.

Source: Black is the new silver? - Martin Hajek
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Designer posts renders of dark black iPhone 7 started by Simon View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      steve-z17 -
      Pretty cool concept! I just wanted to say thank you to Simon for putting up some new posts, I appreciate it!
      bbrks -
      Dark black and ''wrapped'' in glass....that would be my perfect choice
      fleurya -
      Gorgeous!
      roneraven -
      I would take any of those 3!!
      And I'll second the thanx to Simon post!! Was starting to think my app was broke haha
      matakibiker -
      I did the custom matte black to my 6, all around, and boy is it gorgeous!
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by matakibiker View Post
      I did the custom matte black to my 6, all around, and boy is it gorgeous!
      You mean you "painted your iPhone"???
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      You mean you "painted your iPhone"???
      No, he changed the back housing to a different color. There are tons of other color options you can choose from.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      No, he changed the back housing to a different color. There are tons of other color options you can choose from.
      Self installable? (And you're not referring to a "case" - paper thin - like many of us have...?)
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Self installable? (And you're not referring to a "case" - paper thin - like many of us have...?)
      No, not a case. The actual back housing can be bought in many different colors. Front too. Self installable if you know how to take an iPhone apart. Have you really never heard of this before? This has been going on since at least the iPhone 4.

Couple example sites that offer it:

https://hautephones.com/
      https://www.mendmyi.com/colourlab-v4/iphone/iphone-6/

You can get them from anywhere really though, ebay and amazon have them too.
      matakibiker -
      Thanks for helping to clarify. Yes, I self installed the new body. I ordered the solid matte black from hautephones. I also did a buddies 6 with the Army Green w/ black buttons and gold logo.

TBH about it, after seeing the matte black in my hand, why did Apple ever release 'Space Grey'? Why not just go actual black like the 3/3GS/4/4S?
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      No, not a case. The actual back housing can be bought in many different colors. Front too. Self installable if you know how to take an iPhone apart. Have you really never heard of this before? This has been going on since at least the iPhone 4.

Couple example sites that offer it:

https://hautephones.com/
      https://www.mendmyi.com/colourlab-v4/iphone/iphone-6/

You can get them from anywhere really though, ebay and amazon have them too.
      Truly never heard of them... I've seen loads of photos like the one you posted there - but they're also available in all those colors from the paper thin case companies. I actually own several colors exactly like that. I've always just assumed that's what I was seeing.. Never new they were actual hardware replacements. In your line of work - naturally you'd be way more up on this.. Thanks! Learn something new everyday. I'd be way too skittish about taking my iPhone apart. But I lived where u are, I'd let you do it, sir!! [emoji3][emoji106]
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook