• Latest rumor says iPhone 7 battery to have 14% higher capacity



    Latest buzz around the net has the iPhone 7 battery supposedly being 1960mAh. That would make it about 14% larger than the current iPhone 6s battery. Whether or not this translates to longer battery life will depend upon what other hardware upgrades the iPhone 7 will have and how efficient (or not) they will be.


    Source: https://twitter.com/OnLeaks/status/753173454074019840
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Latest rumor says iPhone 7 battery to have 14% higher capacity started by Simon View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      Longer battery life would be a big plus for me. I use my phone so much at work that I have to charge it most days before heading home.
    1. xushi's Avatar
      xushi -
      14%?

      So instead of it lasting 4 hours for me, it will last 4.5 hours.
    1. roneraven's Avatar
      roneraven -
      Pokemon is going to need that haha
    1. bbrks's Avatar
      bbrks -
      Quote Originally Posted by xushi View Post
      14%?

      So instead of it lasting 4 hours for me, it will last 4.5 hours.
      Only 4 hours?.....something must be wrong with your battery....
    1. gldoorii's Avatar
      gldoorii -
      I don't even have to charge mine every night it lasts that long for me. I charge it a bit on my way to and from work and sometimes at my desk, but maybe I just don't sit there and stare at my phone as often as others. It lasts a hell of a long time. I also have the Watch which helps me use my phone a lot less as well.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
      I don't even have to charge mine every night it lasts that long for me. I charge it a bit on my way to and from work and sometimes at my desk, but maybe I just don't sit there and stare at my phone as often as others. It lasts a hell of a long time. I also have the Watch which helps me use my phone a lot less as well.
      Same here. I find it very strange and wonder what are people doing on their phones that it lasts 4 hours. I won't charge for 48 hours and I'll still be ok. I have 6s plus and watch.
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Same here. I find it very strange and wonder what are people doing on their phones that it lasts 4 hours. I won't charge for 48 hours and I'll still be ok. I have 6s plus and watch.
      You "find it strange" that people use their phones to do what a smartphone is marketed to do? Like play games (massive battery drain), stream movies/YouTube (big battery drain, especially without wifi), browse the web (a large battery drainer, too), Skype/FaceTime (massive battery drain), use GPS apps (big battery drain) etc?

      I'm not going to criticize the way you use your phone, I just find it hard to believe that someone getting 4-6 hour, real-time usage (not standby), off a single charge is "strange".

      Some of us use our phones as laptop/iPad replacements. In which case, battery life won't be so great. Not everyone, actually most people, don't use their smartphones in the way we would have used our flip phones. I could understand this behavior being "strange" back in 2005-2006 when a smartphone was still not widely adopted, but 10 years later, this usage is "strange"? Phones can pretty much do everything except cook dinner, but even then, my phone is also my cookbook - pretty much the only way I would get 48 hours out of my phone is if I A) didn't use it or B) used it for calling and texting, exclusively - in which case, I would just use my old flip phones.

      Not an attack on you, I just find it odd that people still find using a smartphone to do what it was designed to do as "strange."
    1. xushi's Avatar
      xushi -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Only 4 hours?.....something must be wrong with your battery....
      Nah I play a few games when on public transport (Dawn of Titans for example) that seem to consume a lot of power.

      However generic usage and browsing again will last half a day.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
      You "find it strange" that people use their phones to do what a smartphone is marketed to do? Like play games (massive battery drain), stream movies/YouTube (big battery drain, especially without wifi), browse the web (a large battery drainer, too), Skype/FaceTime (massive battery drain), use GPS apps (big battery drain) etc?

      I'm not going to criticize the way you use your phone, I just find it hard to believe that someone getting 4-6 hour, real-time usage (not standby), off a single charge is "strange".

      Some of us use our phones as laptop/iPad replacements. In which case, battery life won't be so great. Not everyone, actually most people, don't use their smartphones in the way we would have used our flip phones. I could understand this behavior being "strange" back in 2005-2006 when a smartphone was still not widely adopted, but 10 years later, this usage is "strange"? Phones can pretty much do everything except cook dinner, but even then, my phone is also my cookbook - pretty much the only way I would get 48 hours out of my phone is if I A) didn't use it or B) used it for calling and texting, exclusively - in which case, I would just use my old flip phones.

      Not an attack on you, I just find it odd that people still find using a smartphone to do what it was designed to do as "strange."
      I do find it strange coz I do all the things you mentioned and then some but my 6s plus still lasts me 2 days. Hence I find it strange.
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      I've had a 6 plus for almost 2 years and have had no problems with battery life but would gladly take an extra 14% capacity. The main things I've noticed over the years with people using iPhones and the battery life they get are as follows: 1. Leaving WiFi on even if there is no WiFi around. 2. Leaving Bluetooth on even if no devices are using Bluetooth. 3. Having location services on when not needed. 4. App background refresh on and Facebook backgrounded.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I do find it strange coz I do all the things you mentioned and then some but my 6s plus still lasts me 2 days. Hence I find it strange.
      Obviously you don't do "all" those things, to the "exact" he degree he does - or you'd run out in 4-6 hours too. Just plain logic. Lol..

      Having the watch is the main difference between you two.. Your phone is on standby much of the time compared to the guy without the watch.. Makes a huuuge diff.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      I've had a 6 plus for almost 2 years and have had no problems with battery life but would gladly take an extra 14% capacity. The main things I've noticed over the years with people using iPhones and the battery life they get are as follows: 1. Leaving WiFi on even if there is no WiFi around. 2. Leaving Bluetooth on even if no devices are using Bluetooth. 3. Having location services on when not needed. 4. App background refresh on and Facebook backgrounded.
      Yep.. Most people are woefully uninformed about those huge battery sucking things.. And 99% of people I talk to don't even know about the "System" Location Services tab.. About 20 switches in there most of which nobody really 'needs' - but they drink battery for lunch!

      You didn't mention Push Mail. Big battery drain. I like Push - but not for every acct I have.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Agree with you 100% NewD. However, I think I do have the right to find it "strange". That's just my thought process. I'm sure you'll agree with me there.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Agree with you 100% NewD. However, I think I do have the right to find it "strange". That's just my thought process. I'm sure you'll agree with me there.
      Oh, of course!. But your line of comparison wasn't quite intellectually honest in its implication, Vin.. That's the only reason I spoke up.. I too wonder what people are using sometimes to have their battery run out so quick.. But I acknowledge that I use my phone with WAAAAY less of its features than the "I only get 4 hours" guy.

      You seemed to imply you used your phone in the same way and got way more battery life. That's not the case - obviously.

      I'm amazed by your claim that you sometimes don't have to recharge at end of day an actually get usage into next day. You must have your phone barely on. Well I'm pretty sure you're not jailbroken, right?
    1. Leolion311's Avatar
      Leolion311 -
      Maybe if users turn off all them notifications and location services they would get all day battery life.As I do get from 7am until 10pm on my 6plus with 38% left.
    1. Leolion311's Avatar
      Leolion311 -
      Also the date and time is another hog on juice just turn it off and background app refresh
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Oh, of course!. But your line of comparison wasn't quite intellectually honest in its implication, Vin.. That's the only reason I spoke up.. I too wonder what people are using sometimes to have their battery run out so quick.. But I acknowledge that I use my phone with WAAAAY less of its features than the "I only get 4 hours" guy.

      You seemed to imply you used your phone in the same way and got way more battery life. That's not the case - obviously.

      I'm amazed by your claim that you sometimes don't have to recharge at end of day an actually get usage into next day. You must have your phone barely on. Well I'm pretty sure you're not jailbroken, right?
      And I think I use it too much. Here's my scenario:

      6S Plus Jailbroken on 9.0.2 with only WhoozItPro, NoSlowAnimations, exKey and flux.

      Wake up with 100%, go to work and use Google Maps for 15 minutes to check traffic. Push notification on exchange email, notifications from messages, whatsapp (no group notifications), gmail and couple others. All other notifications off. All location services off except find my iPhone, find my friends, Google maps, Siri. Hey Siri off, background refresh off.

      During lunch Check Instagram, Twitter, ModMyi, News app (as suggested by you, it used to be hidden from Restrictions earlier). Read a chapter of a book (actual book, not on iPhone).

      Back to Work.

      Use google maps again for 15 minutes and head back home. Eat. Checks news, etc again.

      Watch YouTube with my daughter for hours (you know how time flies while on YouTube). Play about 15-30 minutes of Need for Speed or similar game. I have 115 apps as of right now. So I do spend some time app browsing.

      By 10 ok I'm at about 65% remaining. Don't put it on charge. In the morning, I'm at 62% with DND on between 11 pm and 5 am.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Yeah.. When I run that lean on my JB apps... I can get those stats too. I'm a theme and widget animation lover.. So I have all the 'background stuff' that you do turned off.. And even no Push Mail.. BUt because of the animation I like running on my SB.. I have to recharge about 3pm.. Then I'm at about 50% when I go to bed.. Still put on charger for fresh day's start.. I don't do games of any kind.. But am on Tapatalk a lot and do LOADS of texting.
    1. WHUDS's Avatar
      WHUDS -
      Solved my problem with 6 bought a battery case and now have 250% more battery
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      Solved my problem with 6 bought a battery case and now have 250% more battery
      I've used the Mophie before. Works great!
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook