• iOS 10 Now Warns You If Liquid is Detected in Your Lightning Port

iOS 10 beta 3 will now warn you if liquid is detected in your Lightning port.

Screenshots of the a new feature were posted on Imgur and shared on reddit by 'lucioghosty'. When your iPhome detects that the Lightning port is wet the prompt appears on screen...

Disconnect Lightning Accessory
    Liquid has been detected in the Lightning connector. To protect your iPhone, disconnect this Lightning accessory and allow the connector to dry.

You will be given the option to Ignore the message but if you select this option you are repeated asked to confirm your selection and warned that "Ignoring this message may cause irreparable damage to your iPhone".

Apple has been rumored to be improving water resistance with the iPhone 7 and this feature hopefully may be one of those plans.

This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 10 Now Warns You If Liquid is Detected in Your Lightning Port started by blkcadi View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      mbeezy81 -
      Yaaaayyy
      Purple Minion -
      I wonder how this is accomplished. Is there a sensor in new iPhones, or does it rely on detecting abnormalities in current across the pins?
      therandy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Purple Minion View Post
      I wonder how this is accomplished. Is there a sensor in new iPhones, or does it rely on detecting abnormalities in current across the pins?
      I'd venture to say the current differential
      TimothyPetit -
      Cooool, still waiting)
      flash66 -
      Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
      I'd venture to say the current differential
      It would be a resistance differential.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook