• WARNING: Pangu Jailbreak of iOS 9.3.3 Requires Your Apple ID

With the release of Pangu jailbreak of iOS 9.3.3 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch; jailbreakers should be warned that the jailbreak requires your Apple ID login.

The PP Helper application used to jailbreak iOS 9.2 through 9.3.3 claims that your credentials will not be stored. Pangu says your email and password are used to generate a developer profile needed to run the PP app. We strongly suggest not providing this information to this or any third party EVER.

You can set up a free Apple account using a different email address with no personal information attached. You can do that here.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WARNING: Pangu Jailbreak of iOS 9.3.3 Requires Your Apple ID started by blkcadi View original post
    Comments 42 Comments
      bigray -
      Does it affect our Apple ID after we've jailbroken? Or I can just login with my main apple account and use it as normal?
      xboxbml -
      Wow!....This is one reason I don't jailbreak anymore... I understand there seems to be a workaround..but wow..
      epiticus1 -
      I got it all jailbroken and Cydia immediately closes as soon as you tap on the app.
      Simon -
      There are other methods out there in which you don't need to give your Apple ID. Ipwnstore is one. Few free options too. You basically just need a signing agent to get that app on your device. The app itself does the jailbreak. The pangu Windows tool requires your Apple ID to do that signing part for you so that the app can install on your device, but like I said, there are other ways to get it on there.
      roneraven -
      Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post
      I got it all jailbroken and Cydia immediately closes as soon as you tap on the app.
      I had the same issue after a reboot. Forgot I had to jailbreak it again after a reboot.

If you have the pangu app already installed and Cydia closes/crashes and won't open- open the pangu app, click the circle in the middle and immediately hit the power button to lock your screen. You should get a pangu "notification" on your lock screen in a few seconds. Open that notification and your device will probably respring and you should be golden

Hope that helps and fixes your problem
      epiticus1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by roneraven View Post
      I had the same issue after a reboot. Forgot I had to jailbreak it again after a reboot.

If you have the pangu app already installed and Cydia closes/crashes and won't open- open the pangu app, click the circle in the middle and immediately hit the power button to lock your screen. You should get a pangu "notification" on your lock screen in a few seconds. Open that notification and your device will probably respring and you should be golden

Hope that helps and fixes your problem
      I tried your suggestion and it keeps doing the same thing. It gave me the message and rebooted the device them Cydia still closes immediately after being tapped. This is frustrating.
      rolandgabor -
      I tried your suggestion and it keeps doing the same thing. It gave me the message and rebooted the device them Cydia still closes immediately after being tapped. This is frustrating.
      Check out IDB for step by step instructions on how to reboot and rejailbreak
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
      Does it affect our Apple ID after we've jailbroken? Or I can just login with my main apple account and use it as normal?
      The implication is that providing your Apple ID is NOT safe for obvious reasons.
      Nothing to do with jailbreak functions
      roneraven -
      Sorry bro, maybe try to power off then back on and try again. I did that a few times too until I realized I needed to re-JB lol. I also tried going into safe mode with the volume up button but since it needed to be JB again nothing worked. Hope you get it sorted!!
      x2dope -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
      You can create a new ID and then use your old one, that's what I did to test it out. All seems fine.
      WHUDS -
      So is this legit? I'm JB stable on 9.02 Honestly with 10 round the corner I think I'll pass this time
      Phoenix199018 -
      Huh?? What's this? The jailbreak hasn't released as yet!
      Sniper488 -
      Did you follow this step?

Once installed, in order to run it, you need to first head to Settings > General > Device Management (on iOS 9.3.3) or Settings > General > Profile (on iOS 9.3.2 and below) and then trust the developer.
      kasek -
      anyone try this on windows 10? watched a youtube video that said it wasn't working curious if anyone here had success
      x2dope -
      Quote Originally Posted by kasek View Post
      anyone try this on windows 10? watched a youtube video that said it wasn't working curious if anyone here had success
      I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and had zero issues. BUT my phone wont sync over wifi now, not sure if its borked because of the jailbreak or not but nothing else has changed so I would assume that's the issue.
      RobLo76 -
      I think I'm gonna hold out for a while, see if this gets any better.
      x2dope -
      Quote Originally Posted by x2dope View Post
      I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and had zero issues. BUT my phone wont sync over wifi now, not sure if its borked because of the jailbreak or not but nothing else has changed so I would assume that's the issue.
      I installed Apple File Conduit 2 and ******* Unified and the Wireless syncing works again. Not sure which one fixed it but one of them did.
      skiptowncat -
      Just change the password after running the JB. It's simple really.
      Silvio6 -
      I did as suggested, and jailbroke with a different new id. I see the new id used in the developer section. But now a few functions don't work anymore:
      I can not enable Location Services anymore.
      I can not use Touch ID for AppleStore & Itunes.
      I wonder what other limitations. Location Services is essential for me. Did anyone encounter same issues ? I wonder if it has to do with the new ID.
      Feanor64 -
      Worked like a charm thanks man
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook