• Apple's iOS 10 update is causing major problems for some users.

Apple says the issue has now been fixed, so it should be safe to update.

Apple's just-launched iOS 10 update got off to a rough start Tuesday afternoon. According to widespread complaints across social media, many iPhone and iPad users ran into installation problems. For some, the update process failed with a subsequent error message asking users to plug their iOS device into a PC or Mac for a complete restore of the operating system.

An Apple spokesperson said "We experienced a brief issue with the software update process, affecting a small number of users during the first hour of availability. The problem was quickly resolved and we apologize to those customers." The company says users should now be able to safely proceed with installing iOS 10. But the initial bug proved a major headache for people who installed Apple's big update in the middle of their workday or for away from their personal computer.

Rene Richie from Apple posted on Twitter;

Have you had any issues?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's iOS 10 update is causing major problems for some users. started by blkcadi View original post
    Comments 59 Comments
      Zokunei -
      Does anyone know if it was just OTA updaters or iTunes or both?
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Does anyone know if it was just OTA updaters or iTunes or both?
      It seems it was OTA that caused the stuck in recovery mode issue.
      Mookest -
      I've always hated OTA update. Just using the phones processor to update the phone seemed sketchy.
      philipcwal -
      Ive had ios 10 for over a week
      No issues
      Had issues on the beta, but full ios running smooth
      Albut -
      All the hype for nothing not much better than iOS 4
      gdd2010 -
      Always a rule of thumb: NEVER OTA for a new OS version. Updates (10.0 - 10.1), sure. 9.3.4 - 10.0... Use your computer.
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
      All the hype for nothing not much better than iOS 4
      Huh, so no changes since iOS 4?
      bigboyz -
      I usually use iTunes to update. Its always the preferred JB method. Hasn't failed me yet :]
      Chuck1969 -
      The "rest finger to open" isn't working for me...still have to push the home button...and yes I have it enabled. Only issue I have seen with ios10, and did OTA update.
      Hashi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
      The "rest finger to open" isn't working for me...still have to push the home button...and yes I have it enabled. Only issue I have seen with ios10, and did OTA update.
      You'll find the workaround under general/accessibility/home. Turn the touch toggle on and it'll behave as before.
      tridley68 -
      Updated to IOS 10 last night on my 6s and things are running smoothly.
      philipcwal -
      I did ota fromx 9.3.5 to the 10.0.1
      But used a beta full version key
      Been working perfectly

Guess its the luck of teh draw?
      Sage I -
      OTA on a 6plus here and all is well so far... Much better GUI... Pretty nice changes to the OS from what I'm experiencing... Best major update in a long time...
      Ambi_Valence -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Huh, so no changes since iOS 4?
      Nobody said no changes. Except you.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      Are you saying iOS 10 is "not much better" than iOS 4?

I actually wouldn't know since I'm jailbroken on iOS 9.3.3 but I know that iOS 9 is very much better than iOS 4. What am I missing here?
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      OTA on a 6plus here and all is well so far... Much better GUI... Pretty nice changes to the OS from what I'm experiencing... Best major update in a long time...
      I agree, I updated 1 of my iPhones to iOS 10 and love it.

Now bring on a jailbreak...
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      Thanks for reaffirming why I hate this place.
      bigboyz -
      I have not updated and won't. I have an iPhone 7 coming tomorrow and can test iOS 10 at that time :]
      Purple Minion -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Thanks for reaffirming why I hate this place.
      You seem to be one of those few people who thinks for themselves, rather than following all the rest of the sheeple.
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      I have not updated and won't. I have an iPhone 7 coming tomorrow and can test iOS 10 at that time :]
      iOS 10 may work great on iPhone 7, but anything below iPhone 7 I would probably not "upgrade".
      Apple makes it so that when the new phone comes out they upgrade the new iOS to run poorly on the older phones, this happens every time since the second iPhone was introduced.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook