• Remover: A Cydia Eraser alternative for iOS 9 and 10

Installing iPHUC (the new iphoneinterface)-dsc_0355_0.jpg

Need a way to reset your device to stock? Now you can.

Often times, in the world of jailbreaking, something goes wrong that can only be fixed by restoring your device to stock, either with iTunes or a tool like Cydia Eraser, whether it be a malfunctioning tweak, or a corrupted file, sometimes you just need to start fresh and get hundreds of tweaks of off your device. Most of the time, restoring with iTunes will require you to do a software update, in turn losing your jailbreak until a new one is released. Quite a frustrating experience, especially since there hasn't been a utility like Eraser available for iOS 10 devices, until now.

Created by Pwn20wnd and Coolstar, featuring a UI design and logo by our very own Dennis Bednarz. Remover can restore iOS 9 and iOS 10 jailbroken devices to a stock state with the tap of a button. It is compatible with a few jailbreaks, such as yalu102, extra_recipe, Home Depot, and phoenix.

Installing iPHUC (the new iphoneinterface)-erasersmall.png

It uses SemiRestore10-Lite to remove user installed applications and files, and then additional code by pwn20wnd to revert all changes made by the jailbreak. It also removes stashing for stashed devices. There is one caveat however, it is effective at removing user modifications, but not restoring the file system to complete stock, like Saurik's Cydia Eraser utility does by downloading OTA files directly from Apple. So it is effectively a modified version of semirestore. But, if you don't care about that, then Remover is a great tool to effectively wipe your device to a clean slate on your current firmware, no iTunes restores needed.

It is pretty simple to use, with a minimalistic UI to go along with it. Just tap the jailbreak you use, and click the "Unjailbreak" button to let it do its thing. You can get Remover by adding https://pwn20wnd.github.io/repo/eraser/ to your sources and installing from there.

Have you used Remover? Let us know how it worked for you in the comments section below.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Remover: A Cydia Eraser alternative for iOS 9 and 10 started by Logan Garner View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
      KaiTa -
      I know several people which have used Cydia Eraser without Problems on iOS 10. For me it is 100%.

I will always use it or recommend it.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by KaiTa View Post
      I know several people which have used Cydia Eraser without Problems on iOS 10. For me it is 100%.

I will always use it or recommend it.
      All good.. and I will be right there making sure people know to use at their own 'risk'.. because I've seen it fail and Saurik doesn't certify it for use on iOS 10.
      bbrks -
      O well, today jailbreak has become a matter of have brave you are........so, Eraser is one of those choices we are willing to make, or not
      Frankly, I am slowly getting bored with it....I am still on 10.2 jailbreak, but I am seriously considering to jump to IOS 11
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      O well, today jailbreak has become a matter of have brave you are........so, Eraser is one of those choices we are willing to make, or not
      Frankly, I am slowly getting bored with it....I am still on 10.2 jailbreak, but I am seriously considering to jump to IOS 11
      Got to agree, I may make the jump to iOS 11 also.
      bbrks -
      Well, we have another couple of weeks to decide, I guess official IOS 11 is out after September event.....
      KaiTa -
      Why do you want to jump on iOS 11? I am very very satisfied with the extra_recipe iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak on my iPhone 7. This runs perfect.

I do not know what problems you have, but I have none. I'm definitely not jumping on iOS 11. iOS 11 without jailbreak is scrap. In my opinion iOS 10 with jailbreak is 1000 times better than iOS 11 without jailbreak
      bbrks -
      I hear you, but after all the jailbreaks starting from iPhone 3GS until today, I got kind of fed up with it....maybe time to have a break.
      I am sure IOS 11.x will also be jailbroaken....one day....
      NewD -
      There is no stock firmware that could ever be as good as a JBen phone.. as far as I'm concerned.. but that's just me I guess.
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      There is no stock firmware that could ever be as good as a JBen phone.. as far as I'm concerned.. but that's just me I guess.
      For me, I will always keep 1 of my devices jailbroken while perhaps updating my 7 to iOS 11 when it comes out.
      I look forward to seeing what iOS 11 has to offer.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bo Troxell View Post
      For me, I will always keep 1 of my devices jailbroken while perhaps updating my 7 to iOS 11 when it comes out.
      I look forward to seeing what iOS 11 has to offer.
      Yes. Good point, Bo. With multiple devices that's cool. But I'm on the forced trade-in program now with AT&T. Don't get to keep old devices. Not rich enough to buy them outright. Lol.
      Fakseras -
      Try one of my recommended tools:iPhone Data Wiper: Erase iPhone/iPod/ iPad Data Permanently
      Any data on the iPhone can be deleted completely.
      amelbeach -
      Succession works by downloading an IPSW file for your device and iOS version, extracting the root filesystem DMG, and then using rsync to replace any modified files with clean versions, and delete any additional files. The great thing about this is, it doesn't take very much work to update to add support for new iOS versions (if I had released this tool back in 2016 for iOS 10.0, it would've required two updates, once when iOS 10.3 was released (to add
      , and once when iOS 12.0 was released (apple added something that I believe is related to CoreTrust that caused bootloops, but that's obviously been fixed now)
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook