• Steve Jobs' Biological Father Comes Forward in Hopes of Meeting His Son

On the surface, it sounds like the Silicon Valley edition of a bad episode of Maury Povich.

Less than one week after stepping down as CEO of the company he is synonymous with, the oracle of Apple, Steve Jobs, is being courted for a meeting by his biological father.

According to an eye-opening interview appearing in the New York Post, Abdulfattah John Jandali - an 80-year old Syrian immigrant and successful businessman in his own right (pictured above) - is identified as the Apple co-founder's biological father. Although many people are unaware, Steve Jobs, now 56, was adopted.

For all his accomplishments, the Syrian immigrant says he is overcome with guilt over his treatment of Jobs, 56, and given his son's health woes and decision this week to step down as Apple CEO, fears time is running out.
    "Now I just live in hope that, before it is too late, he will reach out to me, because even to have just one coffee with him just once would make me a very happy man," Jandali said, noting that he won't reach out to his son. Jandali believes it should be Steve who reaches out to him.

"I'd be lying if I said it doesn't sadden me to have not been part of my son's incredible journey," he said. "What father wouldn't think that? And I would think that even if he was not the head of a hugely successful company."

Jandali, however, tells the New York Post that he learned only "in recent years" that the son his ex-wife gave up for adoption 56 years ago became the one and only Steve Jobs.

In 1955, Jandali's girlfriend Joanne Simpson became pregnant, and though he wanted to marry her, he says her family would not allow it.
    "I was very much in love with Joanne," Jandali reveals. "But sadly, her father was a tyrant, and forbade her to marry me, as I was from Syria. And so she told me she wanted to give the baby up for adoption."

Source: New York Post
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook