• Possible MacBook Pro Refresh This Month

Apple may be refreshing their line of MacBook Pros this month in preperation for the holiday season according to Apple Insider.

The refresh will likely only include an increase in processor speeds across Apple's entire line of MacBook Pros, and be available as early as thend of this month. Apple's MacBook Pro line was last updated in February introducing faster processors and the new Thunderbolt I/O.

MacBook Pro, 13-inch

• Current: 2.3GHz dual-core Core i5
    • Future: 2.5GHz and 2.6GHz dual-core Core i5
    • Current: 2.7GHz dual-core Core i7
    • Future: 2.8GHz dual-core Core i7

MacBook Pro, 15-inch

• Current: 2.0GHZ or 2.2GHz quad-core Core i7
    • Future: 2.4GHz or 2.5GHz quad-core Core i7

MacBook Pro, 17-inch

• Current: 2.2GHz or 2.3GHz quad-core Core i7
    • Future 2.7GHz quad-core Core i7

New buyers will likely appreciate the bump in processor speeds, but the incremental increase wont cause February refresh owners to run out and purchase the latest and greatest. Apple is most likely using the refresh as an opportunity to put their MacBook Pro specs in line with the new wave of Ultrabooks entering the market.

However, if the need for speed is too much, upgrading your MacBook Pro's ram or installing an aftermarket SSD should quench your thirst until Apple releases a full update. If opting for a full blown SSD is still too rich for your frugal blood, platter-SSD hybrid drives present an affordable alternative.

What upgrades do you the MMi community have installed in your computers, Mac or otherwise?

Source: Apple Insider [via PC World]
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook