• Steve Jobs' Biting Revelation to Rupert Murdoch Comes to Light

As the masses consume every tidbit of information contained in the new Walter Isaacson tome on the life and career of Steve Jobs, insightful new stories come to light on a daily basis.

Today the world is learning more about what Steve Jobs thought of his friend Rupert Murdoch's Fox News Channel. As highlighted in a new report from Reuters, the late Apple chief told Rupert Murdoch last year that he considered Fox News to be "an incredibly destructive force in our society."

“The axis today is not liberal and conservative, the axis is constructive-destructive, and you’ve cast your lot with the destructive people. Fox has become an incredibly destructive force in our society. You can be better, and this is going to be your legacy if you’re not careful,” Jobs told Murdoch in June 2010.

Jobs added that he didn't believe Murdoch liked the network's direction. "Rupert's a builder, not a tearer-downer," he told Isaacson. "I've had some meetings with James [Murdoch], and I think he agrees with me. I can just tell." Rupert Murdoch, however, did let the criticism stick. "He's got sort of a left-wing view on this," the News Corp. chief told Isaacson.

According to the report, Jobs wanted Jon Stewart's team at "The Daily Show" to assemble several Fox News moments for Murdoch to watch. "But he hasn't sent it to me," Murdoch tells Isaacson in the new book.

Source: Reuters
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook