• Steve Wozniak: AAPL Could Go to $1,000

On Thursday morning, CNBC aired a new interview Steve Wozniak, the lovable Apple co-founder and close personal friend to late Apple chief Steve Jobs. The interview is opening more eyes than usual in response to Woz's frank discussion of something he usually doesn't speak about - the value of Apple's stock. According to Woz, shares of AAPL - which are currently priced at $543.41 - could double and touch $1,000 before the meteoric rise in share price slows to some degree.

"You know, people talk about $1,000 stock price... you know, at first you want to doubt it but I actually believe that and I don't really follow stock markets," Wozniak told CNBC.

The reason for his optimism? Apple's has housed its retail store, iTunes, iPhone, iPad and computer making divisions all under one company's roof. Apple mixes "a lot of companies into one," and "every one is so excellent," Woz confesses.

"Apple is on such a winning course because it's encapsulated all of its different big products that I mentioned, they all work together so well that you are in a course that if you buy a product from another company it doesn't really do as much as one from Apple does. So Apple has a large room for growth," he added. "Apple has that much growth left because we're talking something like Apple TV that works with all these other great, great companies and products all in the same sphere."

In the process of his grandiose speculating about the future of Apple, Woz may have dropped a hint about the company's rumored upcoming production of connected HDTVs.

"It's not like a side project 'we're going to start a TV company'. No, we're going to start TV within the whole Apple world. Assuming that we are going to, I don't know," Woz concluded.

Source: CNBC
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook