• Apple Flies 25 Billionth App Contest Winner to Beijing to Collect Prize

Apple flew 25 billionth app download contest winner Chunli Fu to the company’s Beijing headquarters to collect her $10,000 Apple Store gift card prize.

Apple announced Fu won the contest earlier this month, and she finally received her gift card in person at Apples corporate headquarters some 400 miles away from her home city of Qingado, China according to M.I.C. Gadget.

Fu won the contest with a download of the free version of Disney’s “Where’s My Water?”, but at the time wasn’t too much of an Apple fan and had only owned her iPhone for about one month. However, after winning the contest the Chinese media started referring to her as the “Apple girl.” Fu wasn’t even aware of the contest though, and thought Apple's repeated congratulatory phone calls were pranks. It took an email from Apple for Fu to finally realize she wasn’t being punked.

Fu browsed the Apple Store in Sanlitun with her new $10,000 Apple Store gift card, but it’s uncertain if she bought anything. With $10,000 to spend on Apple products, I can imagine Fu becoming a little more of an Apple fan in the near future.

What would you do with a $10,000 Apple Store gift card?

Source: M.I.C. Gadget
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook