• French Designer Philippe Starck Reveals Revolutionary Product is Jobs' Family Yacht

Remember that French designer that claimed he was working on a “revolutionary” new Apple product, but it turned out he was lying? Well he wasn’t completely full of it, turns out Philippe Starck was working the Jobs family yacht.

“It’s not a project with Apple. It’s a private project that began with Steve Jobs and that has been taken over by his wife,” a spokeswoman for Starck said.
    No better way to get millions of page views, and a little notoriety than implying you’re working on the next great thing to come out of Apple. Starck’s verbiage couldn’t have link baited any more claiming the product was “revolutionary” and would come out in eight months.

Still, Starck apparently met with Jobs once a month in Palo Alto, Calif. for seven straight years and is continuing the meetings with Jobs wife. Walter Isaacson mentions some details regarding the yacht in the biographer's book “Steve Jobs.” Jobs reportedly started work on the yacht after experiencing what he called his “best vacation” on a cruise from Italy to Turkey. Jobs redesigned the boat numerous times.

"I didn't think I would be alive when it got done. But, that made me so sad, and I decided that working on the design was fun to do, and maybe I have a shot at being alive when it's done," Jobs told Isaacson.

The design was “sleek and minimalist,” according to Isaacson who saw models and drawings that included a special glass designed by the “chief engineer of the Apple stores.”

"I know that it's possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don't, it's an admission that I'm about to die," Jobs said.
    While Jobs didn’t live to see the completion of his dream boat, Starck and Jobs’ wife Lauren Jobs continue to work on the project with yacht builder Feadship who have been constructing the boat.

Source: Apple Insider
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook