So i noticed in the wiki there is the Unlock Text Location, does that mean you can change where it says Slide To Unlock?

I would like it to say "Spencer Slezak" in the same font. If anyone could do this for me that would be great.

Also i keep getting Database problems to get into the website, takes me 3+ minutes to get on.

PS: If no one can currently make me one what is the dimensions it has to be?

PSS: Im in a hurry?
    2007-07-24 08:19 PM
    I dont believe you can change what the text says, only what color scrolls across it....
    2007-07-24 08:28 PM
    So i noticed in the wiki there is the Unlock Text Location, does that mean you can change where it says Slide To Unlock?

I would like it to say "Spencer Slezak" in the same font. If anyone could do this for me that would be great.

Also i keep getting Database problems to get into the website, takes me 3+ minutes to get on.

PS: If no one can currently make me one what is the dimensions it has to be?

PSS: Im in a hurry?
    CAUTION - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Untested hack!!!

If you edit SpringBoard.strings, you will see an entry called:
    AWAY_LOCK_LABEL which is set to "slide to unlock"
    If you change this text you might get new text. The file is located in the English.lproj folder inside SpringBoard.app.
    CAUTION - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Untested hack!!!
    2007-07-25 03:07 AM
    I'm going to try this as soon as I get home. God this thing gets more and more fun everyday
    2007-07-25 03:19 AM
    I'm going to try this as soon as I get home. God this thing gets more and more fun everyday
    you took the words right out of me. i think im addicted to this site. im on it at home on my macbook and pc at the sametime, and on my iphone while im at work. think i should tell my girlfriend i've been seeing u guys more than her?
    2007-07-25 03:40 AM
    Aw, ya'll are making me blush!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-25 04:37 AM
    let me guess, to edit the file you need a mac? >.>

i tried to edit it in wordpad and i got a bunch of gibberish with some readable text
    2007-07-25 05:04 AM
    let me guess, to edit the file you need a mac? >.>

i tried to edit it in wordpad and i got a bunch of gibberish with some readable text
    actually, its the same for mac. textedit in mac reads the same as pc's note and wordpad. its an XML file that u have to open with a certain program and I've yet to ask which program it is. I was going to post a thread asking for the process in opening the plist files but I'm still at work on my iPhone, so I can't really do much. I'm just checking for any new mods at the meantime, so if u wanna start up a question thread, I think that would help.
    2007-07-25 05:48 AM
    you took the words right out of me. i think im addicted to this site. im on it at home on my macbook and pc at the sametime, and on my iphone while im at work. think i should tell my girlfriend i've been seeing u guys more than her?
    OH GOD YOU SOUND LIKE ME I WAS AT WORK AT THE TIME !!!!! AND HA HA HA I STAYED HOME TONIGHT TO EDIT the prada skin and MAN do i wish i had to psds man
    2007-07-25 06:09 AM
    actually, its the same for mac. textedit in mac reads the same as pc's note and wordpad. its an XML file that u have to open with a certain program and I've yet to ask which program it is. I was going to post a thread asking for the process in opening the plist files but I'm still at work on my iPhone, so I can't really do much. I'm just checking for any new mods at the meantime, so if u wanna start up a question thread, I think that would help.
    I've found THIS Mac APP works great. Just add .plist to the end of this .strings file and it can open right up.
    2007-07-25 06:15 AM
    windows anyone
    2007-07-25 06:23 AM
    Well I changed mine, but only very slightly but it worked!

Mine now says "Slide to Unlock" as opposed to all lowercase.

Hmmmmmm this file holds a ton of text strings including slide to cancel (during sync), slide to answer, missed call, Voicemail, etc. Pretty much anything that the finder, oops the SpringBoard app would display.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-07-25 at 06:38 AM.
    2007-07-25 06:30 AM
    Here ya go, guys, converted to simple .xml for ya. Enjoy...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-25 08:06 AM
    Here ya go, guys, converted to simple .xml for ya. Enjoy...
    You might want to revise the download page, the file actually goes in SpringBoard.app/English.lproj

2007-07-25 02:07 PM
    heres your file slezk
    Attached Files
    2007-07-25 04:29 PM
    I've found THIS Mac APP works great. Just add .plist to the end of this .strings file and it can open right up.

Thanks greg! This helped out a lot =)
    2007-07-25 08:04 PM
    Thanks greg! This helped out a lot =)
    n/p

Just post back if you come up with a cool mod for text in that file.

I'm thinking about changing "ringer" to "Volume" and I mentioned to my friend with the Matrix theme it should say "enter the matrix" instead of "slide to unlock"
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-07-25 at 11:08 PM.
    2007-07-25 11:06 PM
    Apple saves plists into three formats.
    1) ASCI format
    2) XML
    3) binary XML.

Usually the last because it takes less space. You can use the plutil (On MacOS X) to convert the plist type.
    2007-07-27 10:26 AM
    Very nice this will lead to alot of new things
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

2007-07-29 07:40 PM
    Windows users:
    Actually if you save the Springboard.strings file to your desktop...change the .strings to .plist it will open up in wordpad. Just do your editing there and them save it back to .strings, upload to iphone and there you go.
    I have done the editing for this and changing the extension does work on windows but have not re-uploaded to my iphone yet.
    2008-03-13 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD