Hi, I made myself a vodafone carrier logo and instructions hot to put it to work in firmware 1.1.4.

If this helps Click on Thanks!

VodafoneCarrier.rar

Vodafone Logo Carrier 1.1.4 Working!-snapshot.png
    Last edited by Morcegolas; 2008-04-17 at 06:03 PM.
    2008-04-17 05:47 PM
    I placed this in the folder you suggested but the logo does not show up.

I have MIM (Make it mine) installed and the carrier set to AT&T (even though I am on UK vodafone) as suggested in other threads, but this just doesn't show up for me.

Which folder should I put carrier logos in if I want to change the via customize 2.0 (as i find this way does work)?

Thanks

Lynda
    2008-05-31 03:48 PM
    Hey Lynda,

Worked for me AOK, I put files were he suggested, although i dont have MIM installed. maybe thats whats up with yours.
    2008-05-31 04:25 PM
    worked a treat for me too, 1.1.4 and i dont have make it mine installed
    2008-06-01 01:32 AM
    Hi, I made myself a vodafone carrier logo and instructions hot to put it to work in firmware 1.1.4.
    I think this is better
    Attached Files
    2008-06-15 07:21 PM
    Hi, I dont know where to look for these files. Can Anyone suggest what do i need to do to find these files? I tried connecting to my PC normally but it does not let me browse through its files.

Please Help!
    2008-07-19 01:30 PM
    Download the first posters rar file open your SSH tool and place the files were he has stated on the read me file.

Dance, Here is a link to all the info you want, no need to PN me any more, by the way check out the guides section in the future pretty much all your answer will be in there.

SSH on Windows - ModMyI - Wiki
    Last edited by nickh; 2008-07-19 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-19 03:12 PM
    will this work on fw 2.0?
    2008-07-20 01:50 PM
    no. it is dont work on fw 2.0 & 2.1 .I try many time on it . i wana looking for 2.0 and 2.1 any one have it .spend for me please.
    2008-08-16 02:36 AM
    it works fine on 2.x, you just shouldn't use the folder suggested in the readme (neither on 2.0 nor on any other firmware - it might not work) .
    make sure your iphone is connected to vodafone and then go to
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/
    and place the files in there. make sure the .png's are named exactly as the .png's in the Carrier Bundle.bundle folder so you overwrite them.
    after that you have to respring or reboot the iphone.

PS: If the Carrier Bundle.bundle link takes you to the Unknown.bundle folder that contains lots of .pngs you should check if any of the files containing "vodafone" matches you.
    so for example if there is a .png named "Default_CARRIER_Vodafone Greece.png" and you are from greece you can bet your a** this is the right one you have to replace ;-)
    if none of the files matches your country just replace "Default_CARRIER_VODAFONE.png" and "FSO_CARRIER_VODAFONE.png" (so don't rename the files from the .rar file)
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2008-08-16 at 11:58 AM.
    2008-08-16 11:54 AM
    thank . I open the carrier bundle.bundle. and I open the ,vodafone nz-bundle .I see 2 file .Default_CARRIER_Vodafone Newzealand .png .and FSO_CARRIER_Vodafone New zealand.png . backup 2 file delete. and rename the seem name put in . then go to the :Unknown.bundle folder have 2 file default_CARRIER_VODAFONE.png &.FSO_CARRIER_VODAFONE.png .I don't rename the files from the .rar file because it the seem name . put it in .I take 2 file carrier plist edit to :<key>AllowPrefixMatching</key>
    <true/> that right. reboot the phone .and I SEE the carrier logo IM happy. but when I REBOOT again .carrier is gone .i dont now why? can you help me please .IM ON vodafone nz net work
    2008-08-21 04:59 PM
    Works for me on iphone 3g Vodafone Portugal fw 2.0.2, tks blackwolf. Just delete the 3 original files and replace them for the files included in the rar.
    2008-08-29 04:29 AM
    thank . I open the carrier bundle.bundle. and I open the ,vodafone nz-bundle .I see 2 file .Default_CARRIER_Vodafone Newzealand .png .and FSO_CARRIER_Vodafone New zealand.png . backup 2 file delete. and rename the seem name put in . then go to the :Unknown.bundle folder have 2 file default_CARRIER_VODAFONE.png &.FSO_CARRIER_VODAFONE.png .I don't rename the files from the .rar file because it the seem name . put it in .I take 2 file carrier plist edit to :<key>AllowPrefixMatching</key>
    <true/> that right. reboot the phone .and I SEE the carrier logo IM happy. but when I REBOOT again .carrier is gone .i dont now why? can you help me please .IM ON vodafone nz net work
    first of all: you don't have to replace the files in the Unknown.bundle
    secondly: if you did it right and replaced the pngs (this is important. make sure the files you copy to your iphone are named EXACTLY as the pngs were before. as far as I know this is case-sensitive) and you reboot and you get a new logo there should be no way that you have your old logo back when you reboot again (where would the iphone take the old logo from?).
    try again, this should definetly work.
    2008-08-29 05:22 PM
    thank . Blackwolf it is work on 2.2 now. after i delete 2 file Default_CARRIER_Vodafone Newzealand .png and FSO_CARRIER_Vodafone New zealand.png original .from vodafone nz bundle .put in 2file from rar .keep original dont rename .and carrier plist edit to :<key>AllowPrefixMatching</key>
    <true/>. reboot the phone .it working now. thank bro so much
    2008-08-31 11:46 AM
    i dunno why it's not working
    i followed everything...
    i have the name vodafone HU
    and i changed it also in the plist file
    not working
    anyone have anyidea?
    2008-10-01 10:56 PM
    I have created a Vodafone uk carrier you have to name the folder with Vodafone_uk then the image default_carrier_Vodafone uk.png

because Vodafone are ridiculous on the uk version they have removed all carrier logo's except the Vodafone uk one.

Hope this helps.
    2010-03-15 09:51 PM
    why 1.1.4..? 3.1.3 is 10x better. and its FREE
    2010-03-16 06:57 AM
    Sorry, my fault did not realize how old the post was, I created it for 3.1.2 should work with 3.1.3 too.
    2010-03-16 08:08 AM
    I'm still on 1.0 LOL
    No signature links... Thanks
    2010-03-16 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD