User Tag List

My device is running 1.1.4 (was 1.1.2 OTB, got it a couple of days ago, strangely enough) with 4.6BL (was 3.9 OTB I think) and it's jailbroken & unlocked with PwnageTool.

I have been using OpenSSH and Fugu for OS X (10.5.2) to transfer files. I renamed an application (in /Applications) to Applicationname.app.old and my problem is that I can't delete it.

I have tried setting the permissions to 777 to see if that would let me delete it, I've tried deleting it using Fugu (gives the error "Failed to delete file"). I've also tried deleting it using MobileFinder but nothing happens when I try.

Does anyone know why I can't delete this file? Or how I can delete it?
    2008-04-21 11:40 AM
    An application bundle is a folder, not a file. Are you using the right commands to remove a folder?

The most likely reason is the application is still running. Try cycling power on the phone, then removing.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2008-04-22 12:32 PM
    Thanks for the response.

I have tried restarting the phone, that did not help. I have not been using commands per se, I have been trying to use the GUI in Fugu and MobileFinder.
    2008-04-22 01:18 PM
    Sometimes you have to delete the files first before being able to delete the folder. Also make sure your mobilefinder has the right permissions.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-04-22 02:28 PM
    Sometimes you have to delete the files first before being able to delete the folder.
    This advice was spot on. I deleted the contents of the directories and then they could be deleted too.

Thanks very much.
    2008-04-22 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD