I just cloned my hard drive on my computer, wiped the old one and reinstalled Leopard, and am in the process of restoring only the things I need one by one back to the fresh drive.

So, I have my whole iTunes library back, preferences and all. Yet, somehow I am still missing the plist or app support folder or something that tells iTunes that my iPhone is sill the same phone that it was using before the clone. So, I would have to basically restore the phone and start over adding content to it because of this.

Does anyone know offhand how to 'trick' iTunes by finding what file it uses to keep track of which iPhone is which to make iTunes see my iPhone as the original iPhone it was using before the clone?

This could potentially lead to being able to use the iPhone on multiple computers by simply keeping an updated copy of this file (that I can't find) on the iPhone itself and then carrying it over to the new computer and placing back in its original location on the new computer... temporarily.

Thanks,
    -Daniel
    2008-05-07 07:00 AM
    I just cloned my hard drive on my computer, wiped the old one and reinstalled Leopard, and am in the process of restoring only the things I need one by one back to the fresh drive.

So, I have my whole iTunes library back, preferences and all. Yet, somehow I am still missing the plist or app support folder or something that tells iTunes that my iPhone is sill the same phone that it was using before the clone. So, I would have to basically restore the phone and start over adding content to it because of this.

Does anyone know offhand how to 'trick' iTunes by finding what file it uses to keep track of which iPhone is which to make iTunes see my iPhone as the original iPhone it was using before the clone?

This could potentially lead to being able to use the iPhone on multiple computers by simply keeping an updated copy of this file (that I can't find) on the iPhone itself and then carrying it over to the new computer and placing back in its original location on the new computer... temporarily.

Thanks,
    -Daniel
    you wont have to restore your phone, you will just have to upload the files to it again.

the short answer to your question is no, although there is a few programs that can help you with multiple computers

swaplibrary, lets u sync between 2 computers
    mnplay light lets u sync between as many computers as u like
    2008-05-07 10:20 PM
    http://www.andrewgrant.org/2008/03/3...computers.html

does that work? there's an iclarified article about it too--- i havent tried this yet because my other computer [one phone is synced with] is in the shop, and i cant get my persistent id- cant find out how to get that off the iphone-

anyone know where the p id is located on the iphone?

sorry for bumping old thread
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~
    2009-02-25 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD