I'm running Ubuntu and I want some sort of app that'll allow me to manage my iPhone's files like iPhoneDisk or something.
    2007-08-06 08:43 PM
    Haven't seen one yet.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-06 08:44 PM
    Haven't seen one yet.
    Not even a command-line-based one? Is there a blog or something that can keep me updated on this whole project?
    2007-08-06 08:53 PM
    Not even a command-line-based one? Is there a blog or something that can keep me updated on this whole project?
    Unless Apple releases a version of iTunes to run natively on linux your only option will be using wine or something as all the programs piggyback on the iTunes libraries.
    2007-08-07 01:18 AM
    Apple won't release an ubuntu version of iTunes. And WINE won't run iTunes either 7.0+ either.

So we're screwed here, even more screwed because VMware/VirtualBox won't/haven't released a fix for the USB passthrough for the iPhone. Which essentially forces us to have to dual-boot into winxp or vista....or go to the apple store and buy a mac, which I'm sure is part of Apple's ultimate plan with this device.
    2007-08-07 04:47 PM
    Apple won't release an ubuntu version of iTunes. And WINE won't run iTunes either 7.0+ either.

So we're screwed here, even more screwed because VMware/VirtualBox won't/haven't released a fix for the USB passthrough for the iPhone. Which essentially forces us to have to dual-boot into winxp or vista....or go to the apple store and buy a mac, which I'm sure is part of Apple's ultimate plan with this device.

Don't cry because you use a non mainstream OS. I too run Linux, but I have a 2nd drive with Windows on it for reasons like this. You can't expect everyone to cater to all the minorities in the computer industry. It's too expensive for them to develop multiple versions of software when 2 pretty much encompasses 90% of users.
    2007-08-07 06:52 PM
    Hey i dont agree with josereyes about being screwed.
    first if you have jailbroken iphone you can connect iphone via ssh on any linux distro. even you can develop apps for iphone on mono and port them via ssh by using iphone usb cable. so it is not that desperate story.
    2009-05-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD