You think Apple will add A2DP streaming on the iPhone? Is it software related? Because I bought a stereo bluetooth A2DP headset without reading that I can't stream music on my "best iPod ever made" phone.
    2007-08-06 11:25 PM
    Ha. Can you stream stereo Bluetooth music on your other iPods?

But yah, it would be nice.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-07 07:05 AM
    I have been doing some research. I was on the phone with apple. A2dp is software related, not hardware. They could update at sometime. I have purchased a Bluetooth adapter at radio shack to solve the issue. My friend had a video iPod and he let me try it to make sure it worked first. I am happy to report that it does. It is a pain in the as#, but it does the trick. I have motorola s9's . I hope that enough people complain to apple. It's nice that they were considering battery life when they decided to go with edge as opposed to 3G, but Jesus, let us choose how to use the extra juice (stereo Bluetooth headphones). overall i'm real happy with performance.
    2007-08-08 12:26 AM
    I think pf's right, and in a perfect world... maybe. i could see it in version two or the new nano version. I doubt the upgrade would be in ours, possible hack though you never know.
    2007-08-08 09:57 AM
    I've been trying the mac os x 10.4 method but cant execute cause the cpu type caused an error but maybe someone here can help and maybe try and find a way to use this or similar method!

http://www.skyhorse.org/2007/09/a2dp...ality-solution
    2007-10-16 02:12 AM
    for my video Ipod I use an IOgear bluetooth transmiter, this one :
    http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GBMA201
    I have an ipod case that has rubber at the top so it is secure and allows streaming to my bluetooth headphones (use these a lot a work).

Now since Apple decided to do the recessed_so_nothing_in_the_world_will_fit_in_it plug on the iphone this is not really an option. Yes I can get the long skinny adapter and add this but that's way to geek even for me. Rumor has it that Apple accidentally add streaming in 1.1.1 release , can anyone confirm that ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
    2007-10-24 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD