I posted this over on hackint0sh, but figured I would post here too since everyone might not read both forums.

I recently got an older 2005 universal dock to use with my iphone and its agent 18 case/dock adapter...and of course, I get the "this accessory is not designed for iphone. This accessory might cause interference, do you wish to enable airplane mode? Yes, Ignore".

Does anyone know how to get rid of the above nag screen? It wouldn't be so bad if it was only displayed when first docking the phone, but if the phone "wakes" for anything or even powers up to check mail, 9 times out of 10 the screen comes on and the nag message is displayed again.

I'm sure there are others out there in a similar situation, so if anyone knows what needs to be modded on the phone to disable that nag screen please post.

Thanks to all in advance.
    2008-06-08 02:42 AM
    second
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-06-08 03:09 AM
    it would be cool. i have a FM transmitter in my car and it throws it when i plug it in, however it goes away after a few seconds that i don't touch the screen. it would be nice not to have it pop up at all.

oh it also does this in my other car with my alpine ipod cable.
    2008-06-08 03:57 AM
    bump

Really really hoping 2.0 final has a feature to disable this or at least "always remember" the choice. It's not just that its an annoying popup...one of the reasons I got the uni dock was so I could see sms msgs when they come in, but now the preview is completely blocked by that popup, not to mention the audio for sms alerts, calendar alerts, mail alerts, etc are all hit-or-miss while the phone is in the 2005 uni dock. A lot of times I will miss something completely, and it isn't until I have the phone in my pocket that I hear kate's chime telling me I missed something.

PLEASE, if someone knows how to fix this do it! I would be spending a lot of time but I have no clue where to start, and on a scale of 1 to 10 in programming skill I am probably a 1 or 2 at best.
    2008-06-28 02:29 AM
    i got e fix for this , its not a good one but works , and i use it ,

1- i installed vlc4iphone, and when i open and then close the app audio will work, the pop up wont show even if u lock the phone , but if the phone is locked for more than 5 minutes it will show again .
    2- i installed insomnia (let apps run in background) so when i open vlc4iphone app it will fix audio and than open insomnia and than the pop up wont show again till u turn instomnia off , but the battery will drain fast

thats what i use, i would be happy if anyone know another way that is more good,

sorry for my english...

mindxpert
    2008-06-28 01:25 PM
    The ability to disable this warning would be great.

A toggle for it in BossPrefs would be perfect.
    2008-07-14 01:36 PM
    The annoying message is one thing. I would like to know how to enable charging in these older docking stations. How is the USB cable charging connection any difference from the dock connector?

I posted this over on hackint0sh, but figured I would post here too since everyone might not read both forums.

I recently got an older 2005 universal dock to use with my iphone and its agent 18 case/dock adapter...and of course, I get the "this accessory is not designed for iphone. This accessory might cause interference, do you wish to enable airplane mode? Yes, Ignore".

Does anyone know how to get rid of the above nag screen? It wouldn't be so bad if it was only displayed when first docking the phone, but if the phone "wakes" for anything or even powers up to check mail, 9 times out of 10 the screen comes on and the nag message is displayed again.

I'm sure there are others out there in a similar situation, so if anyone knows what needs to be modded on the phone to disable that nag screen please post.

Thanks to all in advance.
    2008-07-22 02:38 AM
    i also would love for a way to disable it. its a pain in the *** in my car
    2008-07-22 03:08 AM
    mine has some kind of glitch now (after the recent fall) and it keeps poping the msg on like every 10min or less sometimes! i wouldn't mind this feature turned off, its basically useless!
    2008-07-25 11:48 PM
    This is a warning folks, not a notice. If nothing has happened you're lucky. Usually this message comes up when you plug in your iPhone and it detects a higher voltage than its designed for. Voltage that can kill it.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-26 12:34 AM
    The message is also displayed for non-iPhone specific devices because the cell radio can cause interference. Nothing to do with voltage in that case.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2008-07-26 12:43 AM
    has anybody figured out anything about this stupid popup? i had a 4gb that i used on my dock and now i got an 8gb but this phone keeps popping up this stupid message even when nothing is connected to it!
    *the only replacement for displacement is boost!*

*if its not boosted its not worth having*
    2008-08-21 02:38 PM
    Yeah I'm making one. I'll charge you 20$ for it but I'll do it for free for 1.1.X users.

2008-08-21 02:51 PM
    is there even a remote chance of this happening? a bossprefs thing would be very nice. i have the problem where it randomly pops up and it's really bugging me.

any fix would be awesome

thanks
    2008-08-28 04:20 AM
    my phone fixed itself somehow
    *the only replacement for displacement is boost!*

*if its not boosted its not worth having*
    2008-08-30 12:52 AM
    i get this message popup randomly and i've never plugged my iphone into anything other than the stock charger, it will just pop up and go away, its done it since pwnge 2.0.1-.2????? any cluse
    2008-09-01 09:11 AM
    bump..

has anyone figured out how to get rid of this popup? Every time I dock my phone I get it, and it is really annoying!
    2009-03-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD